Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

custom titis
I enquired as to getting a Motorcycle section similar to the E-Bike section to keep it all in one place.
The answer was that it currently doesn’t really fit with the forums - it was then suggested to me to make a thread to chat in.
I have seen a few people here and there with interest let’s see how this thread goes. :)

Minlak

custom titis
Took the Honda CBR500r for a shake down run today about 180kms. Was good to get back to a bike that rewarded you for being in the right gear - was also good to have no gear indicator and just vibe with the sound of the engine.
Still won’t get to many more k’s with me as the pilot now - sucked arse compared to my bike :)

BC681A71-45CF-43B4-A8B1-C27B8A37DEB8.jpeg

I've ridden bikes from when I could hold a licence, but I've only had a couple. This one I've had for 22 years, never really felt a strong need to change it. I love it for short twisty rides, long days can be a bit of a challenge (seat is a bit hard, pressure on the wrists, all solveable), but I just can't say no to that 90degree V twin. Made some mods to it along the way, k&n filter, remus pipes, dynajet kit, different velo stacks, led indicators, tail tidy, tinted screen. Would like to braided lines and racetech valves and springs when the missus aint looking.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

any excuse to show off my husky.
Since this photo I’ve got a New michelin starcross 5 medium front tyre, polisport pipe guard, stock height seat with grippy cover, awaiting new medium starcross 5 rear tyre.
Recently pulled out the rekluse clutch and put the stock setup back in.
And new bendix gear for the starter motor so estart works again.
God I love this bike.

RealizE

Likes Bikes
My fuckwit story for the week...

I hadn't ridden any of my bikes for 6+ months, so last weekend I dug out my little Kawasaki Triple. Filled in the log book, topped up the petrol and she started after a couple of kicks. Stoked, I set off down the street in a cloud of blue smoke and obnoxious noise. I made it about 200m tops from home before I threw it across the ground trying to turn right at a roundabout. The front wheel just washed out and I think I almost landed on my feet. Luckily I was only doing about 15Km/h, but I've managed to destroy some beautiful NOS parts that I paid a small fortune for.

There was no oil or sand on the road, so I can only think that after spending so much time on the MTB lately that muscle memory took over and I just tipped it over when turning.

FML.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I hadn't ridden any of my bikes for 6+ months, so last weekend I dug out my little Kawasaki Triple. Filled in the log book, topped up the petrol and she started after a couple of kicks. Stoked, I set off down the street in a cloud of blue smoke and obnoxious noise. I made it about 200m tops from home before I threw it across the ground trying to turn right at a roundabout. The front wheel just washed out and I think I almost landed on my feet. Luckily I was only doing about 15Km/h, but I've managed to destroy some beautiful NOS parts that I paid a small fortune for.

There was no oil or sand on the road, so I can only think that after spending so much time on the MTB lately that muscle memory took over and I just tipped it over when turning.
I assume Mach 1 or Mach 2… ?

A mate had a Mach 3… a wicked thing.

So… tyre pressures or old and cold tyres… either way, bummer, hope you didn’t scratch the tank.

Minlak

custom titis
Just fitted a quad lock composite to the stem so I can mount my phone on the bike whist riding

Generic Stem Mount from UK (Actually designed for TomTom but has the hex nut instead of round)
Ram Mount
Quad Lock Ball Adapter
Quad Lock Vibration Dampener (Stops killing of your camera)
Quad Lock weatherproof Wireless Charge Head
Quad Lock case (Of course)
Connected it to the heated grips accessory plugs (well had to change them to use bullet connectors) - Via a Battery Tender USB connection double side taped under the fairing.

Was a mission had to remove one side of the fairings and still try and get my man hands into smaller places.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another bike fan here. I've tried a few different kinds over the years lol

When I was young and silly, I used to race these and loved getting out in the bush on enduro bikes.
My last was this WR426

Then got into sportsbikes, my last being this ZX6

These days (although its been a little while to be honest :( ) I just pinch the odd ride from work

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Another bike fan here. I've tried a few different kinds over the years lol

When I was young and silly, I used to race these and loved getting out in the bush on enduro bikes.
My last was this WR426View attachment 380658View attachment 380659
View attachment 380660

Then got into sportsbikes, my last being this ZX6
View attachment 380661

These days (although its been a little while to be honest :( ) I just pinch the odd ride from work
View attachment 380662
I still have nightmares of trying to kick one of those wr’s and having the lever swing back into my leg.
God they were a monster of a bike.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still have nightmares of trying to kick one of those wr’s and having the lever swing back into my leg.
God they were a monster of a bike.
Haha, was never fun after tipping the thing over on a steep hill. There was an art to getting them started again lol.
Was so frustrating when all my mates started buying electric start, they knew how to rub it in haha.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’ve been a motorcyclist all my life. The bike that got me hooked was an 1882 rm80. Countless bikes latter I only kept 2. 06 triumph Daytona 675 and an rgv 250. The Daytona will come back out this year for summer.
A few bikes have stood out 2001yzf 426 (wow), husky txc 450 (coming off a husky te450 this thing was a blast), 2004 r6 (my first proper introduction to road bikes) and definitely the triump Daytona. I’ll dig out some photos at some stage

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Spent some year's riding Motocross, good fun, still have the 2 bikes pictured, A 2008 KX250 and a 2013 KTM350sxf, but haven't done any serious riding in 5 or 6 years at least. Every now and then I get the itch again and get out only to remember how hard it is to hang on when you don't ride all the time.

An old badly edited pic I salvaged from Instagram

2013 in the dunes near Rainbow, VIC.

Hitting a triple at BlueRock MX track around the same time.

Last edited:

Brow

Big Block
Bit of both mate, mostly swinging on the 1000's, then took in turns on the little ones with my best mate.
I think that makes you the most nuts on RB. The only thing I can think of more nuts is the road racing sidecars. I remember seeing them live at Bathurst. I still have my bike licence but have not swung a leg over one for more than a decade. Had a new FZ750 in 1985 and a few trail bikes including an XR500 in Darwin.