Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

custom titis
Spent the afternoon internet arguing with a guy on FaceBook that is adamant that they add crushed glass to the line marking now and they are no longer slippery because of it - And he knows its true cause his mate has been doing line marking for 30 yrs and they walk behind the painter and with a bucket of crushed glass and throw it over the painted surface. LoL

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Spent the afternoon internet arguing with a guy on FaceBook that is adamant that they add crushed glass to the line marking now and they are no longer slippery because of it - And he knows its true cause his mate has been doing line marking for 30 yrs and they walk behind the painter and with a bucket of crushed glass and throw it over the painted surface. LoL
It’s true, I know.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Sorry, but what or who is "hinge?"
Is a hinge a motorbike?

I haven't seen the movie "Stone" in a decade or more, so my motorbike lingo is a bit rusty
This is a Mountain bike forum, can you please talk slower

Thanks
Sorry a bit of a grave dig reply… I saw your post back then, and meant to get onto it… but dementia kicked in.

I’m old, and rode bikes of that era at the time… I was into Triumphs and most of my mates were too… but, back then the Yammy XS650 was the new kid on the block. The trumpies had plenty of issues but they definitely handled very well. I’ve never ridden an XS650 but some of my bike journo mates have… and the joke at the time was… it’s like the frame has a hinge in it. It was a common slander by old school tossers who didn’t want to acknowledge what was coming. At the time as a Triumphisti … I was one of them.

These daze… pffffft, ride what makes you smile.

PS… the only thing about the bike in nzhumpys post, that I would change immediately.., it has clipons… they’d be gone in a heartbeat

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
PS… the only thing about the bike in nzhumpys post, that I would change immediately.., it has clipons… they’d be gone in a heartbeat
Well, he went and paid the deposit....that's not the actual bike he's purchased btw but it is an XS650. Deus seem to have created a niche market where they buy old bikes slap on a lick of paint and a new exhaust then charge more than a new bike that's betterer...

He hasn't ridden properly in 15 odd years except for a few tours through Bali and Vietnam so I'm half expecting a call to come collect him after he's had an off once he encounters the average Sydney f*#kwit driver.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@nzhumpy - Some how convince him to do a
learners test - learners course - he may be licensed but as a returning rider there will be challenges .
I have been riding into Melbourne and post covid - there is a high proportion of stooopid .
Texting , lane changing , red light running , rules have become optional , it seems like the last 6 months , brains have been removed from all other road users .
it’s a jungle .

* as a licence holder sine I was 17 …… and now in my 50’s the roads are a lot busier and cars even little uns , will go considerably faster than an xs650 .
P platers are taught the 2 pedal technique “ go and stop “ white knuckle eyes on the prize , next red light .

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
@nzhumpy - Some how convince him to do a
learners test - learners course - he may be licensed but as a returning rider there will be challenges .
I have been riding into Melbourne and post covid - there is a high proportion of stooopid .
Texting , lane changing , red light running , rules have become optional , it seems like the last 6 months , brains have been removed from all other road users .
it’s a jungle .

* as a licence holder sine I was 17 …… and now in my 50’s the roads are a lot busier and cars even little uns , will go considerably faster than an xs650 .
P platers are taught the 2 pedal technique “ go and stop “ white knuckle eyes on the prize , next red light .
Yeah, I've been at him to do one since he floated the idea but he has the 10' tall and bulletproof syndrome happening atm, I will keep at him...

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes and Super positive Yes .
As it runs in it just gets better - it’s not ‘Fast’ - but fast enough .
Sound wonderful stock ,it’s a very simple machine that makes me smile .

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay, not an actual motorcycle, but still the closest I'll get to owning one:

View attachment 383955

Pros: Huge, has gearbox, apparently properly challenging to build
Cons: Has stickers. Unlikely to hit 305km/h
That'll go nicely with my 1200GSA :)

View attachment 383955

Yikes, $450 !! That's how much mu first bike cost, a suzuki DS185

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

View attachment 383955

Gearbox is backwards if what I saw on the interwebs is correct.