Mount Buller new EPIC trail

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Falls Creek is only a bit over an hour from Bright if you haven't already planned a trip there...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Falls Creek is only a bit over an hour from Bright if you haven't already planned a trip there...
Yep that's on the cards. I reckon I could do 2 days at Falls and Bright and be a happy boy. Would be nice if there was something at Hotham as well and then I'd be sorted for a week's worth at least.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Yep that's on the cards. I reckon I could do 2 days at Falls and Bright and be a happy boy. Would be nice if there was something at Hotham as well and then I'd be sorted for a week's worth at least.
There is a track at Dinner Plain that's pretty fun, not sure what state it's in at the moment though. I raced it in an Enduro round 3 years or so ago. The Bon Accord down from Hotham is also a hoot, but last time I rode it it was overgrown and it took so long to get down we got caught out in the dark :(

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get yourself a roadie, Hotham is a very challenging climb with fantastic views and a fast descent. you'll earn your beer and coffee that's for sure.

slowmick

38-39"
You have much better memories of the Dinner Plain track than i expected Mr Nautonier - wasn't that the starting point for a long painful drive to Gippsland?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
You have much better memories of the Dinner Plain track than i expected Mr Nautonier - wasn't that the starting point for a long painful drive to Gippsland?
Yep, that was where I managed to split my liver with the handlebars coming up under my ribs... Great way to get an all expenses paid air trip back to Melbourne while high as a kite on morphine :)

Remember that ambulance coverage kids! ~$40 per year vs potentially tens of thousands of dollars out of pocket.

I remember it being a great track, I just happened to ride it really really badly...

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Rode the Epic trail 7 times this year and every time it was different. Different weather every time. Started out very smooth (for buller) but got a lot looser / rocky as the season wore on. Bushes/ blackberries/ grass changed a fair bit. Leaf litter on the trail went between next to none to covered. Some area's become quite rutted in the weeks before closing for winter was mush by mid April.

Between this year and last the biggest change (only real change) is the new route down to TBJ after the Stonefly climb. I dont mind it, was probably better at the start of the year, a more defined ride line has started to develop but they graded a section in the middle and it turned to absolute shit.

All in all i think its held up great the last few years and clearly i cannot get enough of it ;).

Travis.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rode epic last weekend, still one of the best technical xc descents around. just endless twists and turns. single track still in pretty good nick as well.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel like it's dropped off the radar a bit in recent years.. Just me?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
All hearsay, but rode with a bloke at Apollo Bay last weekend who said the last decent hasn’t had much love for a while. Pretty epic brake bumps don’t make for much flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Easier to go to tassie these days, more enjoyment too. And that's coming from growing up there..
Tassie is unreal. I was on the plane at 6am and on the first shuttle bus at Maydena at 10am.
About the same time from Melbourne to Bulla. Bullas pretty good( to a point ) but that’s a no brainer for me with everything else Tassie has to offer.