Mount Stromlo Descent

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Long time posting...

Here's a video of me riding from the summit of stromlo down to the carpark.

These trails are so much fun, I want to go back so bad.

Enjoy, rate and comment if you want =)

[video=youtube;Zy7cDKr3Nxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy7cDKr3Nxw[/video]

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
nice tidy run, i love that same run myself..by the time you reach the carpark, you are jumping out of your skin and your knuckles have all cramped up..10 min +/- downhill run= big smiles:whoo:

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
Cool video dude, looks like fun!
Digging the song too, what's it called?
Thanks for watching =).

1st Song - "Sleepless" by Flume

2nd song - "streched and faded" by SAFIA

3rd song - "Steeltongued" by (Ultre Steal Tongue remix)

Yeah it's loop 2, mate you are going to have a blast, sooo many fun trails to ride at Canberra. Check out Kowan forest too if you get the chance.

Talk about sore wrists and lower back though, Do this 4 times a day for 5 days and you will know about it that's for sure lol.

Remember to click the like button too, it helps me out :Banane01:

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Isnt that Stromlo at its best. Great weather, Great track, great bike great everything.

Awesome movie. Job well done. :D

Knopey

Likes Dirt
You know it's a well-made trail when the locals can ride it dozens and dozens of times (as most do) and still rave about it (as all do). The trail gurus definitely got that one right :)

Capone

Likes Dirt
You know it's a well-made trail when the locals can ride it dozens and dozens of times (as most do) and still rave about it (as all do). The trail gurus definitely got that one right :)
They did indeed, flows so well, but can bite you in the bum badly lol

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have no idea how many of you are local but i'm going to say it anyway, i, my self being local know that its not as good as some people portray it, hell yes its a good track and hell yes its good fun but its not the be all and end all, truth is 70% of the time its not maintained and has big horrible ruts and as a result is shit house to ride, its only really cleaned op for a natinal round or if your really really luck before a state round the corc guys will go an make it ridable otherwise its as far as in know full of ruts and irritating things, Sweet video, you did catch the trail at a sweet time

IIITAK3NIII

Likes Dirt
i have no idea how many of you are local but i'm going to say it anyway, i, my self being local know that its not as good as some people portray it, hell yes its a good track and hell yes its good fun but its not the be all and end all, truth is 70% of the time its not maintained and has big horrible ruts and as a result is shit house to ride, its only really cleaned op for a natinal round or if your really really luck before a state round the corc guys will go an make it ridable otherwise its as far as in know full of ruts and irritating things, Sweet video, you did catch the trail at a sweet time
Thanks for watching.

Looks like I lucked it then. I was up there for five days at the end of September and all the trails were in amazing condition. A few braking ruts here and there but I like them lol.

I want to go back to Canberra so bad... So much awesome riding to do. The pine forest to the east of town was awesome too, I wish I had more time to explore.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Hmm not sure that's fair... Sure the conditions change, and rocks, ruts and braking bumps might come and go, but that's part of it. Stromlo as a whole is getting more maintenance these days than you can poke a stick at.

Anyway to each their own.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt

I suppose its all relative. What is it like compared to what you've ridden. Yea Sydney is lucky its got some great tracks around too. I've riiden Skyline & luge at the Scott 24 so yea it was in good shape & seriously awesome to ride. However some of these riders in my team rode it last weekend for fun. They said it was even more awesome as there was not the pressure to go hard all the time. you get a chance to look around & ride for the soul. They loved it even more so. there wasnt the traffic of a 24 hr race getting in the way either.

I' not sure i agree with that. I think its a fab track. Canberr MTBers are very lucky to have it.