Product Review Mountain Bikes Direct & Cassons importers

binner

Hath shat hymself
Just thought I would put this out there …………
I recently bought the new 2019 BELL Sixer helmet from Mountain Bikes Direct and wanted to share my experience with a warranty claim with both MBD and Cassons (importers).
I’m not going to go into detail of helmet issue as it is now resolved and this isn’t the point of this review.
So…………. I was back and forwards a few times emailing MBD about the helmet only after a few weekend rides and asked for a replacement due to failure, the guys I dealt with at MBD were awesome and easy to deal with. All that was asked was a few pictures of the fatigue and that was it. The communication from the guys at MBD was fast and response time was same day, usually within a few hours of emailing. I was then emailed and told that it won’t be sent out to me but the Rep from Cassons will drop it round to my place when it suits me….. ERRRR HUH!!!! … WAIT………..WHAT!! . Am I misreading this, surly a rep won’t be coming to my place to replace a helmet, that just doesn’t happen.
Sure enough about a week later I get a phone call from Ian the Rep asking “when is a good time to drop around”. Most dudes called Ian are great guys ;-) , had to get that in there. So yeah, yesterday arvo Ian is at my door with new helmet and no questions asked, we chatted for a bit and talked about old days of riding , Canberra and Bilt bikes and that was it. A real cool guy which I hope is rewarded well in his position, we need more reps/ sales people like this in Aus.
So in wrapping this up….. I have so much stoke for all the dudes involved and can’t say a bad word about Mountain Bikes Direct and Cassons Rigo, Bruno, Phill and Ian
Thanks guys,
Coppo

Flow-Rider

Burner
MTB direct don't muck about when it's a genuine problem and they usually get the supplier involved to rectify the problem ASAP. I've had components sent out to me direct via 24hr shipping from their supplier which was Al on here from linksports. Thumbs up from me to both of those businesses.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep, MTB Direct are awesome. I had a warranty issue with a smart trainer and they organised a rep from the distributor to come and collect it from me at work (also offered to send repair parts for self repair, or to supply a pre-paid post label to return the unit that way if they were my preferred options). The whole process was seamless and definitely gives you the confidence to buy more from them knowing that they're there if you need support.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Similar praise for MTBD from me too - bought some Five Ten shoes about 18 months ago, first pair were too narrow, went the next size up and they were clown shoes. The return process was painless - print off a barcode label for return postage and I was never charged for return postage costs.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I've had nothing but top notch support from MTBD, great bunch & my go-to now.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
100% agreed. MTB Direct have been the standard for me. Great to deal with every single time and very fast / responsive.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I had a problem with their "New" software that wouldnt accept my log in and didnt like Firefox but we got there eventually only to be charged for delivery over $99 . They gave me a discount next time.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Dealing with a warranty at work via MTB Direct at the moment and they've been nice and communicative so far... It's their customer that's a bit slow!

datnat

Likes Dirt
Similar warranty experience recently with a helmet, no personal delivery service, but a quick and efficient resolution from MBD

beeb

How's everyone finding the updated site? It's been very slow all the time and occasionally quite glitchy for me (ie: it was loading two different crown races into the cart when I was just wanting one and would not let me delete the other, it doesn't save my billing address anymore, etc...). Getting overnight freight sent out on time seems to be getting a bit more difficult now too (yes, ordered before the cutoff). Really hoping the service stays how it always was post the site update and new staff coming in, 'tis possible I've just had dud luck on the last couple of orders.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
How's everyone finding the updated site? It's been very slow all the time and occasionally quite glitchy for me (ie: it was loading two different crown races into the cart when I was just wanting one and would not let me delete the other, it doesn't save my billing address anymore, etc...). Getting overnight freight sent out on time seems to be getting a bit more difficult now too (yes, ordered before the cutoff). Really hoping the service stays how it always was post the site update and new staff coming in, 'tis possible I've just had dud luck on the last couple of orders.
Never had any issue with it.

Yakima are also decent when it comes to warranty. Helpful and sort it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
I had to put a new login in and password to get me to my saved billing address etc.
have you done that?
I just had a warranty claim recently and their CS was top notch, problem sorted and new dropper on the way in a couple of days.

beeb

I had to put a new login in and password to get me to my saved billing address etc.
have you done that?
I just had a warranty claim recently and their CS was top notch, problem sorted and new dropper on the way in a couple of days.
Yep, did all that. This was my second order since the update. I'll try clearing my browser history at work (which is where I manage to sneak in most of my parts ordering), and hope that improves site performance some...