DH "Mountain Goat" - Morewood Mbuzi by Belrose Bicycles

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love my Morewoods (esp my Makulu)

Picked this up a few months ago from Belrose Bicycles. was looking for a All Mountain, Mini DH rig and saw this beast up the back of the shop amongst some other pimp Morewood stock...had to have it.
Boyz at Belrose cut me a great deal and off I went. got rid of the old Sun Ringle wheelset and threw on some EX1750's

Phone pics I know...sorry, will get better ones later

Frame - Morewood Mbuzi 6.3inch travel
Rear shock - DHX Air 4
Front shock/fork - Lyric Coil U-turn 120-165mm
Handlebars - Sunline V-one
Stem - Sunline 50mm
Headset - Sunline
Grips - Pro
Saddle - SDG Formula
Seatpost - Easton EA70
Front brake -Formula
Rear brake - Formula
Cranks - Stylo
Chainguide - none
Chain -
Pedals - Deity Decoy
Front derailleur - Sram X9
Rear derailleur - Sram X9
Front shifter - X9
Rear shifter - x9
Cassette - SRAM PG990
Wheels - DT Swiss EX1750
Spokes -
Nipples -
Tyres - Nobby Nic 2.25 limited edition white racing stripes (replacing soon with a nobby nic 2.4 at front)
Tubes -
Total weight - 14.1kgs, 31lbs (with pedals)

I would like to eventually change the forks to something lighter like a new Fox Talas 36

It has seen some action recently at Oxford Falls and its a hoot!! the thing loves to jump! good fun riding back up the hill too. the tyres in 2.25 are surprisingly very very good!!

Thanks to Nicho from Rouler as well for helping with the set up and Adrian from Belrose for helping me adopt another Morewood into the family

Last edited:

bhooper

Barfarker
You just cant help yourself can you Chuckie? Every bicycle you get your hands on seem to get magically specced to the max. Solid push bike man, see you round Oxy :)

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck me backwards that thing is awesome. Looks so fast!!! Have you taken her out yet?
Yep it has been to Manly Dam, Lucas Heights and in the last 2 weeks has had a couple of visits to Oxford Falls for a jump or two. Its a very versatile bike!!

You just cant help yourself can you Chuckie? Every bicycle you get your hands on seem to get magically specced to the max. Solid push bike man, see you round Oxy :)
LOL Ben you know you wanna ride it, might be a bit bright and clash with your kit tho

RiLiZe

Likes Dirt
haha looks sooo sweet chuckie.
yet another morewood to add to the collection
seriously though how many more bikes can you ever buy? haha
nice ride still looks like fun