Movember

Perhaps some will enjoy the irony of this post, it's certainly not lost on me.

Whether you think the idea of growing a moustache in November is naff or not, the idea of Movember is not.

Take it from someone who was recently, accidently diagnosed with prostate cancer. When I say accidently I mean they were looking for something else completely unrelated, found that and also discovered that I have cancer.

In other words the cancer could have bubbled along unnoticed until it was too late if it wasn't for the initial problem and the doctor throwing in some extra blood test coz why not.

It's been caught early, my prognosis for a favourable outcome is high, albeit a bumpy road ahead.

And that's the point of Movember, awareness, be proactive about your all of your health, sure donate or raise funds if you want but at the very least get woke.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Perhaps some will enjoy the irony of this post, it's certainly not lost on me.

Whether you think the idea of growing a moustache in November is naff or not, the idea of Movember is not.

Take it from someone who was recently, accidently diagnosed with prostate cancer. When I say accidently I mean they were looking for something else completely unrelated, found that and also discovered that I have cancer.

In other words the cancer could have bubbled along unnoticed until it was too late if it wasn't for the initial problem and the doctor throwing in some extra blood test coz why not.

It's been caught early, my prognosis for a favourable outcome is high, albeit a bumpy road ahead.

And that's the point of Movember, awareness, be proactive about your all of your health, sure donate or raise funds if you want but at the very least get woke.
Good luck to you mate! It sucks but I'm glad it was caught early for you. It's a great cause. I'm currently sponsoring my nephew. Extra if he can grow a magnificent handle bar. Extra if he keeps it to piss his Mother (My sister) off...:)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Geez, thats tough to read but hope it all pans out okay for you pal.
If anyone is doing the Movember fundraiser, feel free to chuck your link in this thread to get some donations.

@Dozer Yeah and that's the point, I think I'm pretty non-descript as far as blokes and behaviour goes

It took me 18 months and a push from the missus to get the original condition looked at by a doc, and then it was just coz the doc added the PSA test to the bloods. I didn't even know he had. The next doc who gave me the results to the bloods said had I seen him initially he wouldn't have even bothered with the PSA as they can be inaccurate.

Far out.