Moving to drouin any xc riding around

mudmav

Likes Dirt
Hey guys and gals, as the title says im moving to drouin and i know of a few tracks around the pakenham, officer and beaconsfield areas. However im looking for somewhere a little closer to home to ride the 29er. I love single track and the more technical the better. So can anyone point me in the direction of some good xc riding around the droin/warragul area. I was thinking their might be some riding around bunyip state forest but i dont even know were to start.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Big JD

Wheel size expert
No help

I only know Beaconsfield and Officer in that area - sorry not much help. Both those trails (Scout bases) are were quite fun - havent ridden them for a few years.
JD

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
The 1st thing I would do is contact Shaun at Chilli Cycles in Warragul. I know they have a shop ride thats pretty close to warragul and he rides a silly 29er thing as well.

Back in 93 and 94 we did hold a few races north of the princess highway but I cant remember exactly where. I used to catch the train to Pakenham and ride east on the hwy about 8 or 9 kms and turn left (nth) up a road that was probably Tynong Nth rd. The area was not to far in and west of that road. I used to ride a few laps in the area and then head to gembrook and back to Ferntree gully via Emerald.

That may or may not help you.