Mowbray Park Farm - Wollondilly MTB Club track

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Projected line...

Nearly completed line with 6 x 6m bridges in place. They still need a little work to get them perfect.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The official opening of the Mowbray Park Farm track will be Saturday, January 18th!

I'll post up more info closer to the date.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I have a to-do list between now and the 18th. Some jobs are optional and can be done at a later date.

Section 1 – Top Paddock
□ Round Up track
□ Build 3 big berms, possibly only two left handers
□ Pave or road base across boggy section before 1st dam ramp
□ Maybe cut in 2 climbing turns after 2nd dam
Tidy up entrance to each of 6 bridges 2-1-14
□ Put logs into place to slow riders before ski jump ramp
□ Fix gap jump launch ramp

Section 2 – Wetlands
□ Mow wetlands and remow at higher level to remove grass
□ Build bridge across dam wall
□ Build bridge near picnic table
Mow pine plantation 2-1-14
□ Tidy acacia grove
□ Pave boggy area
Build bridge at causeway 5-1-14
Trim branches around horse loop 2-1-14

Section 3 – From Horse Loop
Remow pine plantation 2-1-14
Tidy up slow tree section 2-1-14
Mow in alternate line over rock towards mulch piles 2-1-14
□ Finish down ramp to bridge
Finish climb cut in 14-12-13
Cut in new section from switchback to food hall ramp 2-1-14
Round up paddock section 5-1-14
□ Tidy up big climb
□ Fix entry to 1st road ramp

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A bit more done today.

We worked on the gap jump. It's nearly shaped but needs packing down and wetting bnefore it's finished properly.

The gap jump from the side. I'm standing on the B line to take the photo.

We moved some logs to be the backbones of the berms we are building. This made it much easier (read: possible) than trying to move them by hand. Thanks Jason and Jacob.

The logs are in place.

Now we just need to fill them with dirt and shape them.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The second of three bridges nearly complete. I want to fine tune the entry a little and the exit needs a bit of work.

The third of the three bridges. The entry and exit need a little work to fit the rocks in place correctly and then it's done!

Looking toward the third bridge from the right hand corner on some newly cut in trail.

Looking toward the bridge from the top of a little roll in on some newly cut in trail. This is much more enjoyable than the old gully run.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Looking forward to the open day! Just a couple of questions:

1. is there a fee for riding the trail? Seeing as it is on the farm
2. (Contraversial) How challanging would riding the trail (as an advanced rider) with a 2yr old in a wee-rider? We've managed Westleigh, Mogo and some others to great delight. We're not afraid of a down bump! (It is the up hills that get you! Esp when the 'pilot' decides to grab the breaks halfway up)
3. How long is the trail by the way? We need to finish a lap before 9.15am we so can get on the tractor, milk the cows, collect the eggs etc

This place looks awesomely designed to wear out small children :)

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking forward to the open day! Just a couple of questions:

1. is there a fee for riding the trail? Seeing as it is on the farm
2. (Contraversial) How challanging would riding the trail (as an advanced rider) with a 2yr old in a wee-rider? We've managed Westleigh, Mogo and some others to great delight. We're not afraid of a down bump! (It is the up hills that get you! Esp when the 'pilot' decides to grab the breaks halfway up)
3. How long is the trail by the way? We need to finish a lap before 9.15am we so can get on the tractor, milk the cows, collect the eggs etc

This place looks awesomely designed to wear out small children :)
1. Club members don't have to pay. The owners haven't decided yet if the public will have to pay or just be excluded from the track.
2. I can ride everything towing a Bob trailer full of tools, but I don't have to worry about them falling off going over some of the ramps. There are gates at each ramp if you don't mind stopping to open and close them each time.
3. The track is about a 9km loop. It is split down the middle by a firetrail running the length o the farm, so it is easy to ride back up the hill to the car or facilities if needed.