MrPLOW's new ride...

Jared

Yeti Cycles
now now mr plow, i know u legally own MY raceline now :wink: but just remember a few things... 1: It ISNT a she like u called it 2: just remember that linkage mods will change almost every aspect of the bikes ride (your a smart guy and u probably know that).
Now treat him right, I have more than an attachment to that bike and if u dont treat it rite im gonna come looking for ya :eek: . glad to see its staying in toowoomba tho, so i can check up on it. :D

MrPlow

TMBC
Sorry Jared, He...
The Racey is very spoilt, he got some new high roller slow rezays, new brake fluid and pads...
I put it in the 7" travel at the moment cause I am not comfy on a bike with such a slack head angle :?
The only likage mods I plan are fully sealed bearings (to eliminate the play). I put your shock position modifications into the linkage program, and it makes a difference, I reccomend all racey owners do this mod, It increases small bump sensitivity, rises nice and straight to full travel for larger bumps, reduces head angle and bb height, and increases travel by around 12mm :shock:
Good work :wink:

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry to go all OT on you, but can you post a clearer pic of the shock mod.
i have the model before yours i think, and wouldn't mind a closer look.
or just email/pm all the gorey details and mess it from there.
just think of it as an excuse to post more pics :lol:

MrPlow

TMBC
I have bought another set of Alfalfas, might see what the seals are like in them. But it doesn't really effect the forks performance, this is only oil from servicing, not from the damping system :wink: The damping system has its own cartridge. lupine128 I will get some phots today for you, basically mount the shock as low as you can get it

toodles

Wheel size expert
How you find the Alfalfas? I sold mine because they needed lubing after every day's riding. Any plans on a fork change? (You might have already answered that but I'm too lazy to scroll up now :p)

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MrPlow said:
I put your shock position modifications into the linkage program, and it makes a difference, I reccomend all racey owners do this mod, It increases small bump sensitivity, rises nice and straight to full travel for larger bumps, reduces head angle and bb height, and increases travel by around 12mm :shock:
The biggest or main advantage of that mod is to make the rear end more progressive. Somthing all DH should be IMO.

MrPlow

TMBC
Gutty said:
MrPlow said:
I put your shock position modifications into the linkage program, and it makes a difference, I reccomend all racey owners do this mod, It increases small bump sensitivity, rises nice and straight to full travel for larger bumps, reduces head angle and bb height, and increases travel by around 12mm :shock:
The biggest or main advantage of that mod is to make the rear end more progressive. Somthing all DH should be IMO.
Which is what I said :wink:

MrPlow

TMBC
Damo said:
Wat are those RST's like? they look pretty solid...
I think they feel nice, and for the money you can't go wrong really, I picked up a spare set for under $200.00. I am going to mod them by putting a grease port in them near the wear bushes I think, the ones on my bike are pretty dam smooth, provided you keep the lube up to them :wink: I have never owned a set of boxxers or monster T's to know whats better, but I don't plan on upgrading them as I don't believe the bike is the limiting factor, it is me...

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
MrPlow said:
Gutty said:
MrPlow said:
Which is what I said :wink:
Oh, i took you "rises nice and straight" coment as meaning it felt linear........never mind me.......... :?