Mt Alexander DH runs Closed

dunndog

Eats Squid
Good stuff Jack, a level head does a lot more than some with their 'fuck 'em' attitude. Best of luck with it mate, hopefully in a years time we'll all be smiling like insane clowns as we're pinning it down Jacks Track.:) (Legally);)

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i spoke to the ranger today and me and my tmb clubs president are having a meeting with him in 2 weeks at mt alex to discuss building a LEGAL dh trail.

were negotiating with them at the moment but so far it sounds very positive. and were looking forward to working with them to build a really good trail up there. so im going to ask people to lay off the area for a while to maximise our chances as it doesnt take much for some people to stuff it up for everyone.

ill keep this thread updated.

Jack
That is the most exciting news i could of imagined, i love the area around mt alex. hell, there is a cider brewery on the shuttle road, what more could anyone want!

Let me know if you need anyone to help, id do anything to be able to ride there.

indica

Serial flasher
discuss building a LEGAL dh trail.
Jack for the win if that happens I will be amazed.!

Top to bottom mate, that is a great sized hill, believe me if that gets up we will all work hard to stop those doing the wrong thing.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is the most exciting news i could of imagined, i love the area around mt alex. hell, there is a cider brewery on the shuttle road, what more could anyone want!

Let me know if you need anyone to help, id do anything to be able to ride there.
Jack for the win if that happens I will be amazed.!

Top to bottom mate, that is a great sized hill, believe me if that gets up we will all work hard to stop those doing the wrong thing.
thats what we're thinking, its got alot of elevation and good terrain, so we're hoping to get a long run.

dont want to get you all too excited ;)

as you may be aware there is alot of planning, so the first couple of months will be around designing the track, so its as good as possible and it needs to be built properly to be able to tackle constant use as the soil is susceptable to erosion.

we'll be working very hard at it over the coming months, ane are currently creating a proposal for PV to accept.

if it is then we will need ALOT of volunteer work to help build, the money for its coming out of our pockets to get the track going, and we have acess to machinery/ materials etc. but the more people willing to come and dig, and the better it could be.

but sounds good so far, the ranger seems really keen too, which helps a crapload.

thanks for the support guys

Jack

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hey Jack,

Tap into Trav (His username on here, posted a page or 2 before) regarding working with PV. I'm sure he'll be full of info on how to make an established and successful relationship with PV work.
Good luck.

Hux

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Jack,

Tap into Trav (His username on here, posted a page or 2 before) regarding working with PV. I'm sure he'll be full of info on how to make an established and successful relationship with PV work.
Good luck.

Hux
may do.
the guys im working with have dealt with them and dse before too.

mundy

Likes Bikes
This is a real shame, the tracks on Mt Alexander where among the best I have ever ridden anywhere in the world. Would love to see a legal run up there.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Meeting

Had a meeting with three of the local rangers on site today.

its a very long and complicated story to tell but it is in negotiation, and is a possibility, but the timeframe is something that we can be sure of.

in the mean time we will be doing extensive work at maldon to help promote the trails there and stop people from using Mt Alexander.

Please stay off the mount as it will make i alot harder for us if people continue riding there, not to mention the $50,000+ fine.

Thanks to all who came up today as well

Jack

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
which one of the two existing DH runs would the legal trail be based on? if any?
probably neither, i havent seen the trails, but ive been told it goes through the moss matts which is what we have to avoid. its very complicated and the trail will be planned in conjunction with PV

Timbers

Likes Dirt
probably neither, i havent seen the trails, but ive been told it goes through the moss matts which is what we have to avoid. its very complicated and the trail will be planned in conjunction with PV
Not correct, one does and one does not.

Beegony09

Squid
i dont have any official numbers but i did read a brief bit of news that alexander was more loved by europeans that in america

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
even the track with does go through two mossy rock rollers, those actual rock rollers are easily avoidable and would be good to make dirt track around anyway.

That said, im not sure what this moss looks like, so am not sure if it is only on the big rock slabs covered in moss or small sections or smaller rocks that are ridden over in more places.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
even the track with does go through two mossy rock rollers, those actual rock rollers are easily avoidable and would be good to make dirt track around anyway.

That said, im not sure what this moss looks like, so am not sure if it is only on the big rock slabs covered in moss or small sections or smaller rocks that are ridden over in more places.
basically the rangers said that if a track does get built then it cant go over any moss, no matter if it has the flower in it or not as its able to grow there.

ranger fail

me and some mates got full spazzed at by some ranger at malden a couple of weeks ago, he was sayin that they were tryin to close down the tracks at mt. alexander, i've never been there, but if more work gets put into malden then thats good, why build 2 sets of ok tracks on 2 mountains when you can have 1 set of fkn awsome tracks one one mountain and parks vic is happy.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey just wondering how this is all going any news?
Mt Alexander isn't really progressing anywhere for the moment.

Maldon however is pratically getting rebuilt and one of the runs is almost completed.

me and some mates got full spazzed at by some ranger at malden a couple of weeks ago, he was sayin that they were tryin to close down the tracks at mt. alexander, i've never been there, but if more work gets put into malden then thats good, why build 2 sets of ok tracks on 2 mountains when you can have 1 set of fkn awsome tracks one one mountain and parks vic is happy.
At maldon? He went off at you for riding at maldon? For what?

stunt man

Likes Bikes
Mt Alexander isn't really progressing anywhere for the moment.

Maldon however is pratically getting rebuilt and one of the runs is almost completed.

Hey Jacko,
The Track at maldon is coming along really good, me and some friends were riding there today for the first time, the local's where working on the track they were really nice they also spent alot of time with parks today walking there new track. There is a really nice rock burm, you can tel they put alot of effort into this track. They deserve some cred. :D

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Jacko,
The Track at maldon is coming along really good, me and some friends were riding there today for the first time, the local's where working on the track they were really nice they also spent alot of time with parks today walking there new track. There is a really nice rock burm, you can tel they put alot of effort into this track. They deserve some cred. :D
sure its the locals, or it may of been Russel and Carmichael, from wombet mtb club.
Did one of them have dreadlocks?

Glad you like the new track mate :) Its got a lot more features than the trail it is built off, and is a fair bit longer too.

lawno

Likes Bikes
Hey, wondering if there are any updates on the trails at Mt. Alex? Me and a mate went to check it out after riding the pineys before checking here first, couldnt find a shred of a trail and its brobably a good thing too looking at that fine they have slapped on the mount.