Mt Annan Botanical Gardens track looks like its underway

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Driving past this on the freeway on the weekend and could see what looked like fresh single track cut in.. I read that this was scheduled for completion mid year... nice to see its becoming a reality. !!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.dirtz.com.au/apps/blog/show/3837310-mount-annan-100mph

But the big new is Mount Annan MTB trail. We have been working on this for about 2 yrs so it was great to finally turn some soil over. We started Stage 1 & 2 six days ago. So far about 5km of trail in 6 days, which belies what all the 'experts' said we could do. Keeping in mind this includes armoured water crossings, bridges (properly done) and full bench trail. We have also included a pump track, a flow trail (berms and rollers) and a few nasty climbing sections. Opening date will officially be in August sometime, it remains out of bounds till then ...sorry. We will post some video and photos up real soon and get the opening date out as we have it confirmed.
I can't wait until August to try it out.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was pretty sure the track was being worked on the past few mornings as i drove past it to work.

Did anyone else get the invitation to ride it soon?

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
I was pretty sure the track was being worked on the past few mornings as i drove past it to work.

Did anyone else get the invitation to ride it soon?
Yes we look forward to checking it out very soon too. Expect to see some Rocky Trail events out there!

Newts

Likes Dirt
I thought I noticed a trail (almost a switchback) driving up Mt Annan Drive last week.
There were also a few people riding near the waterboard area last Saturday. I

It would be good if it could somehow link to the xc run along the river. That would give you 30km of riding

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The track is awesome. It flows beautifully. It's been very well designed and made. The features definitely add to the track instead of giving the impression they are there for the sake of it. Great work. I can't wait until August now so i can start riding it more regularly on my home from work.:)

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
The track is awesome. It flows beautifully. It's been very well designed and made. The features definitely add to the track instead of giving the impression they are there for the sake of it. Great work. I can't wait until August now so i can start riding it more regularly on my home from work.:)
Totally agree - looking fwd to seeing some clubbies and some enduros being run out there.

Barnez = Genius.

cheers,

schacksta
www.wsmtb.com

Cronar

Likes Dirt
Bumping this back up for any new updates, I saw a couple of corners from the freeway on the way back from Canberra last weekend and it got me excited.

It was supposedly opening this month! Anyone got the inside scoop?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The track is still officially closed.

I can't find anything on the MABG website regarding an opening date. I believe they are possibly waiting for materials to finish the bridges.

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
The track is still officially closed.

I can't find anything on the MABG website regarding an opening date. I believe they are possibly waiting for materials to finish the bridges.
Is it a matter of money? I am keen to ride this and would be willing to chip in a few bucks!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it a matter of money? I am keen to ride this and would be willing to chip in a few bucks!
No I think it's a matter of actually getting the materials. The decking material is great stuff. Very grippy even in the wet but I think there might have been a bit of a back order for it. Or it could be that the management want to make sure all of the signage is up to their satisfaction. It's excellent signage too.

It'll come.:)