Mt Annan - take the kids

Chrispy

Likes Bikes
Took my 10 and 8 year olds to the new Mt Annan 'Enduro Track' and they had a ball. It's just off the M5 near Campbelltown at the Botanic Garden, and entry is now free. Start getting the sprogs into it and you'll find a lot more ride time coming your way later on.

captbigwings

Cannon Fodder
Great place for kids, I took my 7 year there last weekend, had a ball. My 5 year old didn't like it, too hard on a 16 inch bmx. We got free entry too, thanks to Barry O'Farrell, I thought it was for the day only, hope it is free everyday.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I think it is free all the time - it certainly was for me when I went last weekend

However you can choose to donate some or all of your entry fee to building the advanced trail.

I recommend this - I can't imagine that botanical gardens get a lot of funding

captbigwings

Cannon Fodder
Just checked their website, free entry:cool:

Hours and Admissions The Garden is open every day except Christmas Day.

Opening and closing hours
All year, 10 am-5 pm

Entry charges
FREE entry from 11 April 2011

Note: no pets allowed in the Garden as it is a wildlife corridor.

Kojarena

Likes Bikes
Good for kids...? Well that makes me feel like crap !

I went out after lunch today - dont know if I did the intermediate or beginner trail but as a first ride after a year out of the saddle and in hospital it was fun but depressing.

Turns out the Maxxis Worm-Drivers I put on the bike yesterday were totally unsuitable for most of the singletrack and I was unable to get much of any grip.

Overall its great and I mixed it up with a ride of the road circuit also. Free admission is forever. Hopefully it wont take that long for my skills to improve.

Met some rb members at the carpark and on the trail. Good fun, will definately be back.

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Good for kids...? Well that makes me feel like crap !

I went out after lunch today - dont know if I did the intermediate or beginner trail but as a first ride after a year out of the saddle and in hospital it was fun but depressing.

Turns out the Maxxis Worm-Drivers I put on the bike yesterday were totally unsuitable for most of the singletrack and I was unable to get much of any grip.

Overall its great and I mixed it up with a ride of the road circuit also. Free admission is forever. Hopefully it wont take that long for my skills to improve.

Met some rb members at the carpark and on the trail. Good fun, will definately be back.
If you're the guy with the compression banadage on - well done! Good to get back in the saddle I'm sure. I think we met you at the beginning of the green track, off the fireroad. Was your mate on a bike with rigid forks? It was our first ride out there and was a blast. Managed 4 laps and we are looking forward to doing choc foot out there. Can see this site becoming one of the best rides close to Sydney. Can't wait to see the black diamond track go in and some of the existing trails need tweaking on a few of the berms, but what a great start. Thanks B O'F for the free entry but we would so like for the funding to continue.

Kojarena

Likes Bikes
Yep - that was me on the Scott and my mate was on his 1993 Diamond Back Cro Mo monster. He remained in the saddle for the entire ride, not so for me.

My lungs filled with blood clots just before Christmas after some routine leg surgery (double pulmonary embolis) so I am taking it slowly. As a first ride it did indeed feel terrific and I am looking forward to heading back out there maybe as early as this long weekend !