Mt Buller - All you need to know

John U

MTB Precision
Has anyone tried the Buller shuttles yet? Interested to know what the waiting time for the shuttle is like?

I haven’t done a great deal of shuttling. My shuttling experience so far has been about 1 run per 2 hour queueing. Is this the normal rate?

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone tried the Buller shuttles yet? Interested to know what the waiting time for the shuttle is like?

I haven’t done a great deal of shuttling. My shuttling experience so far has been about 1 run per 2 hour queueing. Is this the normal rate?
I was up there a couple of weeks ago and they were down a vehicle due to breakdown. If you get down in time for each shuttle, which is pretty easy if you don’t have a mechanical or do too much chit chat, then you should have a minimal wait and get about 2 shuttles per hour.

I am not sure if they are using the extra vehicle for the downhill shuttles as well as the Mirimbah shuttles, or just the Mirimbah shuttle.

Who was that wait with??!! Alpine Gravity? Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Was there today and could always get in 2-3 runs per an hour and never had to wait for a shuttle (unless I was grabbing a drink/running repairs and waited for the next one) as the drivers don't really wait around for anyone. Even if waiting for the next one, it was never more than a 10-15 min wait.

The only downside at the moment (besides having to push back up to the carpark) is that you are supposed to pick up you tag from the shop in the village which is a bit out of the way unless you park there (not advised as is a pain in the arse to get anything from your car then). The driver signed me in but told me I would have to pick up my tag at some stage during the day (I never did, but they will probably check to make sure you have the tags more in the future).

teK--

Eats Squid

On run per 2 hours... that is seriously poor value compared to the chairlift .

John U

MTB Precision
On run per 2 hours... that is seriously poor value compared to the chairlift .
1 run per 2 hours wasn’t using the shuttle service at Buller. Was at a couple of events I went to.

The only other shuttle I’ve used was the Mirimbah shuttle which left at a scheduled time.

Just wanted some comparison of Buller to the events.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
1 run per 2 hours wasn’t using the shuttle service at Buller. Was at a couple of events I went to.

The only other shuttle I’ve used was the Mirimbah shuttle which left at a scheduled time.

Just wanted some comparison of Buller to the events.
The difference in shuttle times between an event day and a "normal" day will always be night and day. Never been to any event day where shuttle times are under an hour.

What are the XCish trails like the Epic like this summer? I'm keen to take my son up to ride it but I have not been to Buller for a few years and this thread is making me wary...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
What are the XCish trails like the Epic like this summer? I'm keen to take my son up to ride it but I have not been to Buller for a few years and this thread is making me wary...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Went earlier in the week they were dry but riding great.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I shuttled with ATC at buller yesterday.
Tracks were good a bit loose, but that's expected, could have used some rain the day before, we got a bit of drizzle through the day but don't know how much it helped the tracks. All said, the tracks are in good nick with a fair bit of work done to them recently.
Shuttle turn around was really good, never had to wait at the bottom, its not as quick as the chairlifts used to be but you could probably squeeze in 15+ runs if you rode solid and caught the first and last shuttles. We did 8 DH shuttles, with a big lunch break and rode some other tracks in the arvo. It is just a short ride 200m or so from the bottom of the chairlift up to the lower carpark where you are picked up.

Something to keep in mind when you're booking, its $65 to shuttle just the downhill tracks, but as we found out on the day you can book an "all mountain" shuttle pass for $80 which will also let you ride the shuttle from Mirimbah back up if you wanted to ride to the bottom.