Mt Buller - All you need to know

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really wish the lifts ran for more than 2 days a week.... Not worth the travel down for just two days. :(

John U

MTB Precision
What awesome conditions up there today. In 10 or fifteen years of riding the downhill trails at Buller it was the best I've seen it.

Not quite an all you need to know but thanks to 2 chaps that picked me up from the top of the rock roller on International. Brushing off a bit of speed before the roller I went otb. Felt like I'd broken my for the first couple of seconds. Got an enormous cork in my quad but very little else. Thank fuck for my armour. By the state of my t shirt my back would've been a little worse for wear.

slowmick

38-39"
What awesome conditions up there today. In 10 or fifteen years of riding the downhill trails at Buller it was the best I've seen it.

Not quite an all you need to know but thanks to 2 chaps that picked me up from the top of the rock roller on International. Brushing off a bit of speed before the roller I went otb. Felt like I'd broken my for the first couple of seconds. Got an enormous cork in my quad but very little else. Thank fuck for my armour. By the state of my t shirt my back would've been a little worse for wear.
Still giving it your all then john. awesome work. glad there was no long lasting injuries. :thumb:

John U

MTB Precision
Still giving it your all then john. awesome work. glad there was no long lasting injuries. :thumb:
Yes Mick. Having a crack. Thought I'd broken to top of my femur. The bruising is going away but I've still got quite a lump there 2 weeks later. Got a temporary dose of bursitis apparently.

Need to learn to curb my enthusiasm.

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
Maybe they will actually want mountain Bikers to come up under the next board. We looked at coming down from the north but they just seem to make it harder and harder for the interstate guys. Easier and cheaper to hit nz.

Cake or death?

poita

Likes Dirt
Maybe they will actually want mountain Bikers to come up under the next board. We looked at coming down from the north but they just seem to make it harder and harder for the interstate guys. Easier and cheaper to hit nz.

Cake or death?
Agreed, in in Vic and I can't justify going back. 1 place for food, 1 for coffee and a bike store only on weekends.. .

John U

MTB Precision
Saw a few bikes coming back down from the mountain today. Anyone got a report on the state of the down hill trails today?

John U

MTB Precision
Today’s report.

Didn’t ride international.

Abom is the pick of the rest by a fair way. Could probably ride it all day. Has way more jumps than last year. Not that I’m any expert, but they appear shaped to give a bit more height.

The blue bits that run down next to international have been washed out by the rain a bit. A few baby head rocks loose on it. That little bit of track at the bottom is still awesome.

Copperhead has a couple more jumps than last year.

Conditions today are perfect.

John U

MTB Precision
Once Maydena is open is anyone going to bother with Buller....?
So much potential at Buller. 3 hours from Melbs with all the lift infrastructure in place. Just needs someone with enthusiasm for downhill mountain biking in charge at Buller Ski Lifts.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
So much potential at Buller. 3 hours from Melbs with all the lift infrastructure in place. Just needs someone with enthusiasm for downhill mountain biking in charge at Buller Ski Lifts.
20min drive to Avalon, 50min flight to hobart, 1hr 20 to Maydena.. and dont have to see any family whilst im there. I know which I'll choose.. 4hr drive versus a flight and hire a bike with decent food options, hire a car and explore or just go eat in Hobart every night; the overwhelming options were amazing a few weeks ago... Also had the best customer service of any restaurant I've ever had.

John U

MTB Precision
20min drive to Avalon, 50min flight to hobart, 1hr 20 to Maydena.. and dont have to see any family whilst im there. I know which I'll choose.. 4hr drive versus a flight and hire a bike with decent food options, hire a car and explore or just go eat in Hobart every night; the overwhelming options were amazing a few weeks ago... Also had the best customer service of any restaurant I've
Has anyone ridden there yet? Website says it doesn’t open until 26th of January 2018.

slowmick

38-39"
Today’s report.

Didn’t ride international.

Abom is the pick of the rest by a fair way. Could probably ride it all day. Has way more jumps than last year. Not that I’m any expert, but they appear shaped to give a bit more height.

The blue bits that run down next to international have been washed out by the rain a bit. A few baby head rocks loose on it. That little bit of track at the bottom is still awesome.

Copperhead has a couple more jumps than last year.

Conditions today are perfect.

most importantly - how do the new bike go?