Mt Coot-tha Forest Trail Building

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,

If you're interested there is a trailcare day on this Saturday (24 June) for more info or for discussion hit www.trailcareinseq.iforumer.com Also if anyone on school / uni holidays is interested in doing some trail building during the week let me know. So far next thursday is looking good. Send me a pm/email/smoke signal/ carrier pigeon etc

Cheers Op

Trail Care Day - Mt Coot-tha Forest (Gap Creek)
  • Work Sponsor - BCC
  • Member to contact - Oppy
  • Other Co-ordinators - Gillian
  • Date - 24 June 2006
  • Start Time - 8:00
  • Finish Time - 12:00 or earlier if work completed prior
  • Meeting Point - Bielby Road Entry to Mt Coot-tha Forest UBD 157 L17, we will then make our way to the work site from here, either by vehicle or bike.
  • What to Bring - yourself in covered shoes, appropriate sun safe clothing (long sleeves and pants will add extra protection) and hat/helmet (if riding lock for your bike as well), fluids for the course of the day and/or your hydration pack, food/snack (snakes seem to be the preferred option), gloves (leather is good), sunscreen.
  • Tools - Hand tools such as shovels, fire rakes, mattocks are usually supplied by the work sponsor. Chain saws and other powered equipment are only operated by qualified work sponsor employed staff.
  • Other - some paperwork will need to be completed a sign in/out sheet
Work to be completed
We are still working on the reroute started in April. The new route will be longer to lower the gradient.
Why work is necessary
The reroute is to go around a couple of sections of 'fall line' trail that is rutting out and to avoid a degraded Ck Crossing.
Trail Care Walkthrough/Preview
The alignment has been partially constructed so you can take a look any time. Please don't ride through as it is unfinished.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via PM, email or post the questions here. If there is anything I have not covered, please feel free to ask.

If there are changes to the above information they will be posted here.