mt tarrengower

wheel2wheel

Likes Dirt
dose anyone else think mt tarrengower is due for a couple more trails

Mate there are 4 main trails already, Valley, Rockin, Lawrance St which has 2 starting points, and the old DH track, and on the other side of the road there is 3 more that are alot more tight and technical.
So if you have some spare time on your hands forget about adding more and just do some maintenance on whats already there!!!
The ranger up there is fairly easy going but if everyone just starts building new tracks anywhere they feel like it wont be long before the tree huggers are up there trying to ban riding, just like they have everywhere else.
Mt Tarrengower is very unique that anyone can just go and ride there anytime, with a sealed road to the top, so lets look after it.

Exie

Likes Dirt
So if you have some spare time on your hands forget about adding more and just do some maintenance on whats already there!!!
Here Here! There's plenty of scope for the current trails I saw the other week. Though I'd work with some local clubs or riding groups. You dont want to change something if its been built a certain way (eg. make sections too easy or too deadly) unless theres consensus that people want it that way.

I think some of the folks at Woodend Cycles get up there a bit and do a bit of work up there, so maybe you could start with them, talk about how you think it could be improved or what could be changed/added.

Mt Tarrengower is very unique that anyone can just go and ride there anytime, with a sealed road to the top, so lets look after it.
Cant see myself ever riding there again, but thats just me. It did seem remarkably accessible, with good facilities.

indica

Serial flasher
No Tarrengower does not need more trails.
Noel Muller has kindly approved the existing trails and allows us to ride there.

Do NOT change anything, you don't like it fck off and sort out you own place to ride.

It was there long before Russell jumped in, but as far as I know he has done nothing but the right thing by Parks Vic (who need to be treated with respect as it is their hill not ours) and is working within the allowed parameters.

Olliemtb

Banned
im not personaly going to change them but i have ridden the tracks alot of times and i think it would be good to get a couple more up there

Olliemtb

Banned
oh.................................

i love the trails there and i agree it is very good that any one can go a have a bit of fun on week ends and still be close to a town and every thing

Kano

Likes Dirt
im not personaly going to change them but i have ridden the tracks alot of times and i think it would be good to get a couple more up there
Mate, don't build any new trails on Tarrengower. That will stuff it up for everyone. The ranger is tolerant of the existing trails but there are to be no new trails built.

As Indica has stated, Russel is working within the parameters set out by Noel and Parks Vic. Any trail work on Tarrengower is done so with the approval of the ranger.

If you would like to have input and help with the existing trails have a chat to Russel or come out to the next ride day. There should be another ride day before the end of the year.

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the trails are amazing the way they are.
It is in a great location, only a 2hr drive from Melb, It has a sealed road for shuttles and takes as little as 5-7mins to get to the top at cruising pace.
I love the tracks, especially the relatively new one Valley which is just so fast and flowy and runs right next to the shuttle road at times. There are already heaps of tracks placed across the hill, you just have to find them. Im not a local at all, but I can only find a couple of the obvious tracks. But I havent gone on a good hunt though or spoken to the locals there. Leave em' the way they are unless you speak to the guys in charge.

Blythy

Likes Dirt
Jacko and Russel from woodend have put in alot of dedication at maldon. and have produced some quality trails. I gather it would be appreciated if things were left the way they are...

Olliemtb

Banned
guys i wont put trails their i have all ready had my experiance of being told half way thru a xc trail i cant build their even though at first i was given permission.

the other thing is im sort of a local i live in castlemaine and im one of those people that will explore all the trails and i have i know every coner preatty much on every trail but i get sick of them after a while i just thought that some people might want to get some more tracks up there cus my feeling is the more the better

but any way i prommiss i wont build or change any of the trails there;)

indica

Serial flasher
i live in castlemaine
Well then, pop into Woodend Cycles and talk to Russell, I am certain he can use some help out there with building.
I for one am going to go and help when I can. I'd like to help re-working City, after seeing what was done to Valley I am mightily impressed and can't wait to move that track along.

It is great that you know every inch of the trails there.... I assume you have ridden and conquered Rockin' which is one of the most difficult and technical tracks I have come across? You can also nail all the jumps on Valley? Have you made the road-gap on City? And the ski jump down the bottom?

Olliemtb

Banned
i cant be stuffed with spelling and crap on here

oh and i hardly ever miss my home work

and yes i have conquerd rocken and the jumps on valley

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want to help with trail work at maldon we normally build up there on the day before our ride days.

Like people have said, Russ from Woodend Cycles and a couple more of us have created a good working relationship with Noel from Parks Vic.

We're looking at the possibility of developing a new downhill track, potentially on the same fall line as City but worked differently, much like we did with Valley.

We'd appreciate people not just taking it into their own hands, as it makes it harder for us manage the hill with Noel, but in saying that the more help we get, as long as everyones got the same idea.

But, call up Woodend Cycles on 5427 2662 and talk to Russ about when the next build day is.
There's bound to be a lot in the near future aswell, for reasons that should be shortly announced.

Cheers.

Olliemtb

Banned
cool mate that sounds great

as i said i wont go and change the trails.
i personally am against changing trails that people have put effort into cus they built it how they wanted it not how some anyoying strager wants it

taitt

Likes Dirt
cool mate that sounds great

as i said i wont go and change the trails.
i personally am against changing trails that people have put effort into cus they built it how they wanted it not how some anyoying strager wants it
The creator of English feels the same way. He hates it when annoying strangers change his work.

Olliemtb

Banned
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

what ever u say

like i said i cant be stuffed with Punctuation and spelling on rotorburn
i treat it like facebook