Mt Zoon Carbon Bars Snapped - Replacements?

moorey

call me Mia
Cool you don’t like renthal. Vote with your wallet. What I posted might help somebody with a creaky stem and stop them spending money they don’t need to over a small problem.
But I do like them. They just caused me more tinnitus than Rollins Band at Festival Hall in 1991.

moorey

call me Mia
Funny you should mention that - I replaced my Renthal Apex with a Funn Styrge (both 60mm) and it's been great.
I used to despise Funn and all they stood for, but they have really upped their game in recent years. Great bang for buck.

moorey

call me Mia
If I was a Boomer, I would have referenced State of Alert, or at least Black Flag. Or is that hipster now? I'm confused.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Cleaning and greasing mating surfaces isn’t exactly coming up with a fix, it’s common sense. Like using plumbers tape on bars were the levers go. It’ll work with or without.

The apex stem I have is more impressively made than the burgtec one I’m running. I couldn’t order an apex in 50mm when I needed one, hence the burgtec. Which is a nice stem too, but not AS nice.

Cool you don’t like renthal. Vote with your wallet. What I posted might help somebody with a creaky stem and stop them spending money they don’t need to over a small problem.
It’s common sense to go against the advice of the manufacture of the product?
Renthal clearly state to put it in dry. Which is what they do to their costumers. I dont have a problem with Renthal, but their stems are poorly made. If it’s creaking, it’s flexing.
Does your burgtec stem creak? That’s what I’ve been looking at to replace the Renthal.

What I posted might stop somebody from wasting their money and ending up with a creaky stem.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It’s common sense to go against the advice of the manufacture of the product?
Renthal clearly state to put it in dry. Which is what they do to their costumers. I dont have a problem with Renthal, but their stems are poorly made. If it’s creaking, it’s flexing.
Does your burgtec stem creak? That’s what I’ve been looking at to replace the Renthal.

What I posted might stop somebody from wasting their money and ending up with a creaky stem.
Yes. Creaked like a bitch when I flex the bars side to side.
Then I greased the steerer and bolts and it doesn’t do that anymore. The faceplate doesn’t touch the stem body so that didn’t need any lube.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've never had these problems with my spank stems, might just keep on buying them I think, but creaking CSU on forks make me want to go Loco at fork manufactures, it drives me nuts on climbs.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Jesus Christ only “us” could turn a handle bar discussion into this

Rowdy, no kickback arrangement with the local dentist? There’s a Yeti or Santa Cruz to be had here man! Let poodle be the middle man to broker the deal.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
No kick backs .
I have broken a handlebar myself doing a dropoff but it was a used alloy bar Truvativ ex rotorburn .
i have broken wheel rims , frames, seats , cranks , pedals and seatposts and a handlebar is the worst.
Carbon fibre can be very sharp when broken and a handlebar is a serious thing to break compared to any other bit of a bike .
Otherwise there are horror stories and videos of Chinese produced handlebars that look OK from the outside but have no structural integrity or design that can impale the rider.
I am sure there are no effective Chinese consumer laws.

AaronJ

Likes Dirt
Brakes, pedals.... I don’t ride it close to its capability and they work... so no issues here (other than that carbon bar). Goes and stops fast enough for me ;-)

Though in all seriousness... yes... have considered a brake upgrade and these are my first flats ever (first mtb in 1989 with toe straps). So in time...