MTB/Cycling Specific Physio?

Staunch

Eats Squid
G'day guys.

I'm currently doing my masters in Physio, and am required to complete a 3 week placement over this summer. To complement all the hospital experience I've had so far, I want to spent some time in private practice. Considering such a large portion of my life has revolved around riding, I'd like to combine the two and learn to integrate my skills into the cycling world if possible.

I'm after some recommendations in regards to either MTB or cycling specific physio. A lot of physio clinics offer bike fitting and complimentary services, but I'm after someone who's a rider themselves and held in high regard in the community/actually knows what's going on. Google results have pretty much netted with two stand out options, either The Body Mechanic or Back In Business, both in Sydney.

I just wanted to see if there were any stand out recommendations, or if anyone if the field could point me in the right direction. Location can be anywhere outside of metropolitan Melbourne. I'm willing to travel interstate so it doesn't have to be Vic based.

Edit: bonus points if it has decent riding nearby haha

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
guy i know is an osteo so doesn’t help, he does do bike fits & looks after rehab for orica green edge during tour down under etc

puffmoike

Likes Dirt
In metro Melbourne, so no good to you, but Mitch Anderson at Shinbone Medical is a physio, a qualified GP and the world 24hr record holder (894km).

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
I haven't been to these guys in Brisbane but did speak to them about some custom orthotics a year ago and they seemed pretty switched on.

http://www.thepedaler.com.au/
Cheers guys, I'll add them to the list and have a bit of a sus on their websites etc.

Unfortunately I have to actually do my placements with a physio specially, so other professions won't quite cut it

Still appreciate any other suggestions

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Physio inq engadine and sutherland? Tom Hol is Heavily involved in sutherland cycling club. Not a mtb specific clinic, but he is a cyclist.