MTB Direct Stocking Banshee = stoked

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
In the interest of getting back on topic, maybe Mtn Bikes Direct should offer a complimentary Vagina Steam or Ass Bleach with any new Banshees sold during February?
Free stuff usually boosts sales yeah?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We would be the frikken antichrist if we did this to women, Why is this something we put up with from women?
It seems like a bullshit emotional blackmail and power/control game.
That's the easiest question on here in a long time.

It's the POP - power of the pu..... it's is a force that no straight man will ever overcome.

Without this power there would be a lot of lonely women in this world....

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Price has jumped up, is now 2177 for a Rune with dropouts delivered. The initial price they posted was a bit of a cock tease it seems since they didnt have a few sizes / options in stock.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Price has jumped up, is now 2177 for a Rune with dropouts delivered. The initial price they posted was a bit of a cock tease it seems since they didnt have a few sizes / options in stock.
Yeah they do that with other stuff too.
They advertise a product at a very low price but it's actually only for one colour or one size...and the rest of the line is considerably more. (Have a look at the Fox Proframe for eg.)

It's deceptive....but overall I'm still a big fan & use them regularly.

mikedh

Likes Bikes
I'm kind of amused to see Spitfires and Runes being mentioned, not the Prime or the Phantom.

I've had a Phantom in Sydney since 2015. It is hard to describe how much better this frame performs than anything else I've thrown a leg over. It's the perfect bike for gravity veterans without non-stop gravity around. Nearly three years later and I still don't want a new bike. I've taken it to Thredbo, used it at the Downhill festival at Del Rio, kept up with XC lycra buddies, and nearly forgotten about my 160mm bike that made me forget about my 200mm bike. It's just bananas what this 105mm is willing to do, almost makes me wonder if the Prime is overkill or just has bigger sexier travel. It's pretty remarkable how a good frame makes the wagon wheels comply in the tights. I also like that as far as I'm aware, I'm the only one I know of in this town with a black on black Phantom. I see Santa Cruz's every other day but it's certainly not obvious what I'm riding and that suits me.

In a dumb way, it would be selfish of me not to share my experience with my Banshee Phantom in this thread, it's a frame worth gushing over. I rarely pay attention to bike media and I'm told that 29ers aren't cool anymore (again... for like the third time since 2004?), nor is 105mm of travel brag-worthy. But goddamn, if this bike doesn't just exceed every expectation I and anyone I've let try my bike ever had.

FWIW

....... almost makes me wonder if the Prime is overkill or just has bigger sexier travel. It's pretty remarkable how a good frame makes the wagon wheels comply in the tights.

FWIW
I am concerned that my prime will be way overkill for me, hopefully I won't be too penalised for the xc riding, hence why I went to 29 but in a medium for agility and ease of handling.

I'm a shit rider, yes I wil continue to work on my skillz but fuck it, I'm gonna cheat a bit too, cripes it ain't an ebike .

I've got a 2018 Prime in XL, managed to get it just before Defcon vanished. Def a well built bombproof looking frame, I normally ride a Cannondale Scalpel and I am finding the Prime abit of a hard slog on climbs. Maybe I need to stop trying to race up every hill and just relax abit.

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I've got a 2018 Prime in XL, managed to get it just before Defcon vanished. Def a well built bombproof looking frame, I normally ride a Cannondale Scalpel and I am finding the Prime abit of a hard slog on climbs. Maybe I need to stop trying to race up every hill and just relax abit.
What's the geo/fit like on the XL?
Does the reach & stack feel really long & high?
How tall are you?

Overall the bike itself is pretty long, I have a shortish stem approx 50mm and the reach feels a little too short for me. I'm around 6'3. My other XL bikes feel like there is more room but that could be down to the longer stems being XC bikes. I think I'm going to flip the stem and drop it down to see how that goes. I'm constantly fiddling with it to try and make it just right.
I'm not 100% sure I would have bought it if I had the chance to have a decent test ride as I really do like climbing as much as descending. One thing it does do well when climbing is have tons of traction.
I built mine with a 2018 Pike @140mm which is ok but doesn't feel as good as the FOX34 I have on my other bike.

I'll be coming off a superlight and whilst probably not as efficient as the scalpel it's an xc bike nonetheless, I am expecting and willing to accept less climbing ability on the Prime. I don't mind fanging (relative term folks) up a climb but I'm willing to sacrifice some efficiency for more party on the downs. Time will tell if I've got it right.

My interpretation e(and from what I've read) is that the term "135mm rear travel optimised for endure" is that it flops when you want it and not when you don't ie downhill and uphill.

Just waiting on a few bits.

IMG_2902.JPG

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Have you got a back seat for your doggo? Looks like he(?) is practicing his superman move :D
Should be able to plow down most tracks on that

There is mine in all it's unwashed glory, I went for a good ride this morning, I was prob abit harsh on how it climbs as long as you remember to flick the rear shock it climbs not too bad. Another thing I really like about this bike is how well the rear brake works, my other bikes rear brakes are pretty much nothing then lock up slide, this thing has a ton of grip I use the front brake alot less.
IMG_0792.jpg