MTB hire in singapore

beejay

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd reach out to the "burners" and see if anyone has information on MTB'ing in Singapore.
I wont be able to take my ride with me, so I'm seeing if there's anywhere to hire a "proper" MTB? and if anyone has some advice on the trails?
I have found very little information online so far.

Cheers.

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a bit of experience with this.

I can only recall 1 place which rents bikes, 'Byx' in Bukit Timah. They distribute KTM & Niner, so you could either rent a POS or a 29er, if that's your thing. Airport stuff on the SG end is easy & taxis are cheap as, have another think about taking your own bike.

There's not a lot of designated mtb trails but there is quite a bit of (technically illegal) raw jungle stuff which is worth an explore. I was surprised how much jungle is left given the dense highrise population you would expect. I could probably hook you up with a riding crew weekdays, if that's when you're around.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just remembered another name. Try Varenta Cycles for rental, they will have better gear, though the business was up for sale late last year. Lots of shops over there run on Facebook, rather than proper websites. I don't do Facebook but it may work for you.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've don't some riding in Singapore at Bukit Timah. It is the tallest mountain/hill there at about 160m. It is too short but not that bad though, I enjoyed it anyhow. Best thing is the evil monkeys in the carpark.

North Shore at da 'Pore somewhere near Bukit Timah.........

Two Wheelled Action had some nice bike pr0n but I think they closed.

The Singapore ANZA Cycling roadies seem to be the way to go but they ride at stupid early to escape the heat and humidity and do 1/2 or whole island runs on the weekends I've heard. You might get some pointers from them.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Its too bloody hot and humid and horrible to ride bikes there... Stay in the AC and drink is my advice.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Had a chat with a mate from Singas. He didn't know of any hire places but he said they did Bukit Timah up so it's not bad now, there's also a few other trails around the area.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Its too bloody hot and humid and horrible to ride bikes there... Stay in the AC and drink is my advice.
All good advice. I have consumed quite a few refreshing beverages on that fine island in fahn hot weather and it is just so right.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

beejay

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I have to decide wether its worth taking the bike for probably only one days riding???

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Going to hijack the thread a little. I've got a couple of days to myself in Singapore next month.

Don't think I'll bother with riding, so I'll go see museums and gardens during the day - keen to have a few beers and explore the city in the evenings.

Any tips for bars or interesting things to go check out? Besides the tall ladies/ six floors kinda deal listed above!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Jumbo Seafood at Dempsey Hill is pretty damn good too. You can easily eat and drink your head off over there.

If you are up for some night time beverages then the view from the bar at the Stamford Swiss hotel is hard to beat. Nice place to sink a few.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plenty to eat & drink in SG, not a great deal else. Some of my favourites

Dim Sum, Xin Yue, Mohamed Sultan Rd
Zi Char, New Ubin Seafood, level 6 63 Hillview Ave
Market, Redhill, Redhill Close/ Maxwell, Maxwell Rd
Indian, Banana Leaf Apolo, Racecourse Rd
Japanese, Yumeya, Mohamed Sultan Rd
Coffee, 40 Hands, Yong Siak St/ Common Man, Martin Rd

You could also go for wander around any of these spots, get lost, get a feed, have a beer. You can explore almost anywhere & when you're over it, get in a cab & you're home for $10.

Satay St, Boon Tat St. Night time loads of satay stalls
Keong Siak St, Chinatown. Local & western food, bars, pretty much all good
Bar on 54th floor of Marina Bay Sands (hotel end), crazy view & fairly standard prices
Duxton Hill/ Club St, from nice restaurants to bars full of hot young things trying to pick up cashed up westerers
Robertson/ Clarke/ Boat Quays, bars for miles, touristy towards Boat Quay end
Pulau Ubin, island off the East coast is like stepping back in time. Hike/ ride & get some seafood after. Boat from Changi Point
Bugis area, cool bars & galleries
Tiong Bahru, Art Deco suburb now full of tiny bars/ shops/ restaurants

There are a couple of bike shops worth having a look at if you're into looking at bike pron, Reevolution (Santa Cruz), Morse Rd/ Attitude bikes (Nicholai), Telok Kurau Rd.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Awesome, cheers for all those suggestions.

I booked a hotel in/near Chinatown so I'll jot some of these places down and start making a shortlist.

Pulau Ubin looks like a great idea!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Plenty to eat & drink in SG, not a great deal else. Some of my favourites

There are a couple of bike shops worth having a look at if you're into looking at bike pron, Reevolution (Santa Cruz), Morse Rd/ Attitude bikes (Nicholai), Telok Kurau Rd.
Thats my kind of shopping too!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just remembered that little DAC you posted up the other day. You should check out the Adelphi shopping centre, Coleman St, wall to wall high end audio. Peninsula shopping Ctr over the road has musical instruments & gizmos in the basement & Peninsula Plaza opposite has a cluster of awesome, cheap Burmese restaurants.