MTB Jerseys...having trouble buying one that fits properly!

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The joys of online shopping and not being able to try stuff on before you buy! I'm struggling to find an MTB jersey that fits me properly!

TLD Medium size jersey looks like a dress...then I can't even get the TLD Small over my shoulders! WTF! Also have tried Royal Medium which is huge!

Anyone else have the same problems? Can anyone recommend a Small/Medium size jersey?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Just buy locally.
For the sake of a few extra $$ you'll be better off getting something that fits you properly.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Where do. You live in Sydney? TBSM have a lot of gear and that's where I buy my shorts. They do Fox amongst others.
The Trek shop out in Castle Hill (?) has lots of stuff too.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Hmm I run XL in tshirts and bought an XL Fox and XL 661 jersey and both have been a perfect fit.

Take a look at those brands perhaps?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where do. You live in Sydney? TBSM have a lot of gear and that's where I buy my shorts. They do Fox amongst others.
The Trek shop out in Castle Hill (?) has lots of stuff too.
Inner West Sydney, can't think of any shops around here which would have what I want.

Hmm I run XL in tshirts and bought an XL Fox and XL 661 jersey and both have been a perfect fit.

Ah ok so those jerseys actually reflect a similar sized t-shirt! That's what I'm after! Might have to give them a go! Cheers!

hakka

Likes Dirt

The fox jerseys can be a bit inconsistent, I have 3 larges (all 2015 versions), one fits perfectly but the other 2 are a bit small.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just buy locally.
For the sake of a few extra $$ you'll be better off getting something that fits you properly.
I have brought plenty of kit from motorcycle shops. They often have a massive range and much better prices. There also seems to be a lot more of them than bicycle stores.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
The fox jerseys can be a bit inconsistent, I have 3 larges (all 2015 versions), one fits perfectly but the other 2 are a bit small.
It's not an issue with the fit you've bought? Fox have Race Fit jerseys, which are deliberately a slimmer fit than normal.

As pointed most decent manufacturers do discipline specific fits- Royal, TLD, Fox etc. If it's DH gear then jerseys will always be larger to allow any armour. Trail cuts are typically closer to casual every day clothes etc etc. It is nteresting that you struggled between the Med & sml though. Have a lot of the above brand gear & find them a perfect fit across their Trail & DH cuts. You might just be an aerodynamic potato;)

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Dont ever try buying roadie type brands Castelli , Santini etc.
Beautifully made w windproof fronts perfect for winter in NE Vic.
The Italian stuff ending in "i" is tiny . I am an aussie medium to large but 3XL in Castelli + there is no size that fits in Nalini ?

scblack

Leucocholic
I have brought plenty of kit from motorcycle shops. They often have a massive range and much better prices. There also seems to be a lot more of them than bicycle stores.
I have done the same for some gear, including one of my DH jerseys. The problem is, moto stuff usually does not breathe nearly as well. On a hot day, no way would I wear the Fox moto jersey because it is a bloody sweatbox.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have done the same for some gear, including one of my DH jerseys. The problem is, moto stuff usually does not breathe nearly as well. On a hot day, no way would I wear the Fox moto jersey because it is a bloody sweatbox.
This hasn't been my experience. There are plenty of meshed up sweat draining etc, as well as the heavy duty "silks" which I suspect would be the sweat box you described. On hot days you should ride nude or just in jocks. You'll breath heaps better.

scblack

Leucocholic
This hasn't been my experience. There are plenty of meshed up sweat draining etc, as well as the heavy duty "silks" which I suspect would be the sweat box you described. On hot days you should ride nude or just in jocks. You'll breath heaps better.
There's no mesh on the moto one I have, so it must be a heavier duty one you mention.

Nude sounds good, bugger the jocks. As you may know, I am perfectly comfortable swanning about clothes-free.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's no mesh on the moto one I have, so it must be a heavier duty one you mention.

Nude sounds good, bugger the jocks. As you may know, I am perfectly comfortable swanning about clothes-free.
I can't do nude, too much risk of catching penis or balls in the chain.

I have a sombrio Jersey that is heavy duty enough for me to wear as my other layer in the snow comfortably to about -5 with a silk or merino thermal under it. Even if it is lightly showing. It's a very nice Jersey but I doubt I would like to wear it here ever.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As pointed most decent manufacturers do discipline specific fits- Royal, TLD, Fox etc. If it's DH gear then jerseys will always be larger to allow any armour. Trail cuts are typically closer to casual every day clothes etc etc. It is nteresting that you struggled between the Med & sml though. Have a lot of the above brand gear & find them a perfect fit across their Trail & DH cuts. You might just be an aerodynamic potato;)
Cheers mate my subsequent research has revealed Fox do a 'slim fit' jersey so will probably give that a try!

I probably was a genuine medium this time last year but I've lost some weight so that's probably why I'm stuck in no mans land!

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The joys of online shopping and not being able to try stuff on before you buy! I'm struggling to find an MTB jersey that fits me properly!

TLD Medium size jersey looks like a dress...then I can't even get the TLD Small over my shoulders! WTF! Also have tried Royal Medium which is huge!

Anyone else have the same problems? Can anyone recommend a Small/Medium size jersey?
If you don't want them anymore I may buy them from you :)