MTB magazines!

banshee69

Likes Dirt
hey guys!
what magazines do you guys read?
the only one i know is dirt!
does anyone know if dirt comes out monthly or weekly?
thanks!
cheers!

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys!
what magazines do you guys read?
the only one i know is dirt!
does anyone know if dirt comes out monthly or weekly?
thanks!
cheers!
DIRT comes out every two months. Great read that one, I'm a subscriber.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
AMB,
Revolution,
Dirt,
Sometimes mtb action when its worthwhile buying
cheers jon

Bodin

GMBC
In my dunny at the moment, I have at least one copy of each of the following mags:

AMB
MBA
Mountain Biking Australia
Mountain Bike Rider (UK)
Mountain Biking Magazine (US)
Bike Magazine (US)
Clict
Decline
Freewheel
Enduro
Mountain Biking UK
Dirtrag
Dirt

Gets bloody expensive trying keep up with all of them!!!

tonas

Likes Dirt
I derive very little enthusiasm/motivation for riding from most MTB magazines, with the exception of the occasional Dirt or Revolution article.

I don't ride a bmx, or even own one for that matter, but 2020 and DIGBMX do it for me. Weird.

Andy.

Stone67

Likes Dirt
I get MTB action on line. I don't mind it, product tests etc, mainly aimed at trail riding.
And with me Lap top I still read it in the dunny, sorry too much information

DH_Freak

Likes Dirt
I derive very little enthusiasm/motivation for riding from most MTB magazines
Andy.
i find a fair bit of enthusiasm for riding and ideas for trails. i found that in the lates revolution issue ( white cover, May issue ) on page 34 there is an article where you can fold the picture together to make two different riders ( lycra dude, NORMAL person ) into one. the article between them gave me the motivation to do tricks and hit sections faster than ever.
REece.:D

Nobi Wan

Likes Dirt
I have found the best out there are [R]evolution, Clict, Dirt for your DH needs and AMB for the full spectrum of mtb.... oh and yeah MBUK is good too especially when u get free stuff... not too keen on their design though (lets just cram as much crap as we can on one page type stuff..) but still a good mag. :cool:

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mags

Mountainbike Action - for general XC/trailriding gear
dirt - for DH and interesting articles on "design classics", travel
AMB - for local XC/trailriding/DH
[R]evolution and clict - DH, DJ and street

I used to get all the mags when they came out at the newsagency but I found that dirt and MBA get a lot of re-reading -- MBUK have too many UK-only bikes in their reviews that make it less value for our money. I've now given up on
MBA/Enduro/Freewheel (xc/xc/xc) because of the change in my interests to street/park.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
Decline (US DH/4x/freeride/DJ)
Singletrack (UK Arty 30+ trails/singlespeed/ethos/lifestyle)
AMB (gear reviews)
MBA (US, occasional stuff horible bias)
Dirtrag (US version of single track, well sort of)
MBR (reviews, new gear)
Dirt (UK, DH DJ freeride 4X)

Won't read MBUK
crap writen for teenagers, full of twats/chavs

Bodin

GMBC
help an aussie out on pom language. chav?? ive seen it written a bit in dirt, what is it? is it short for something? or is it just another word for twat?
I'm only guessing here, but he might mean "chauvinistic"? Not sure, but it wouldn't be unusual for a MTB mag to be 99% male-dominated.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear God!

I've just returned from one of the most chav infested places in the world and if only I'd known all this info beforehand. I had to learn the hard way by living next door to some.:mad: I'm getting me one of those "chavspotting" tees, I spent a year doing it.:p

Oh, an ASBO is an Anti Social Behaviour Order, which you can be charged with for a number of offences in the UK.

As for magazines,
I've subscribed to MBA for years purely out of habit, you may as well read the latest Specialized catalogue instead. The local mags are okay at least they have relevant pricing and info.

Last edited:

kingroon

Likes Bikes
Won't read MBUK
crap writen for teenagers, full of twats/chavs
I'm with you on that one mate, used to be a cracker Back In The Day, but turned into mindless drivvle and endless advertiements..

[R]evolution rocks.. Great content, great presentation..

Dirt is awesome, but boy does it take a while to hit Humphries shelves..

BIKE will always be the benchmark of quality magazines..