MTB Movie 'Tours'

Maris

Likes Dirt
Is there a new trend with mtb movies to take them on a tour for months on end and therefor make everyone wait so much longer for the dvd?

For example, Seasons has started its 'world tour' but the dvd is only estimated to come out mid to late May, while F1rst has also started its tour i think and the dvd only comes out July sometime.

They say they're trying to get the film to a wider audience as possible with these tours but then wouldn't it make sense to release the dvd asap as well or can we cut the crap and put it down to what it really is about, money.

Seasons isn't so bad but F1rst being a predominantly wc race movie, only being released after the next year's racing has already well and truly started doesn't seem like the best decision to me.

Anyway, felt good to get that rant out, im ready to be taken apart now. :)

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there a new trend with mtb movies to take them on a tour for months on end and therefor make everyone wait so much longer for the dvd?

For example, Seasons has started its 'world tour' but the dvd is only estimated to come out mid to late May, while F1rst has also started its tour i think and the dvd only comes out July sometime.

They say they're trying to get the film to a wider audience as possible with these tours but then wouldn't it make sense to release the dvd asap as well or can we cut the crap and put it down to what it really is about, money.

Seasons isn't so bad but F1rst being a predominantly wc race movie, only being released after the next year's racing has already well and truly started doesn't seem like the best decision to me.

Anyway, felt good to get that rant out, im ready to be taken apart now. :)

They probably make more out of showing the movie at various cinemas, and then releasing it later. Works for standard movies.

Plow King

Little bit.
Premiere is on in Sydney on the 29th or something? Should be good, gives you a chance to see before you buy it,