Mtb near Grafton

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Are there any rotorburners in Grafton? It looks like I will be moving there next year with work and looking for feedback on riding in the area. From what I have seen, there's a track in the Bom Bom state forest, but I haven't seen anything else. What is Bom Bom like? Any other places to ride in the area? Are there any technical type tracks in the area?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Bom Bom is awesome, probably the most unknown and under rated course I know of. You'll love it!
There are trails south of Grafton; a few in Coffs Harbour and Nambucca and even as far down as Port Macquarie. You're spoilt for choice. ;)

khsmtb

Likes Bikes
Yep as Dozer says, the Bom Bom trails are pretty darn good for xc, fast and flowy. The Grafton club just ran their annual 12hr G- Bomb series there on Saturday and it was great fun, big turn out and everybody smiling. Coffs is also good for xc as is the Jack's ridge track at Nambucca. Enjoy!

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replies. Great to hear that Bom Bom is a fun track. I'll be up that way after christmas so I'll check it out then. I've ridden Jacks ridge (my folks are nearby) a few times and love that track.

I was kind of hoping there might be some other tracks closer to Grafton though. Variety being the spice of life and all that. Looks like I'll have to head down to coffs or jacks ridge for some variety. No big deal I guess as I'm driving up to an hour to get to tracks near Sydney at the moment.

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Raced at the GBomb 12hr on Saturday.

The trails are hard clay with pea gravel, some dusty trails and others recently dug out. Lots of green and some blue graded trails. We raced two different routes, 8.7km day loop and 10.7km night loop, offered plenty of variety. Was talking with Bruce who was in a 4 man team and comparisons would be Koala at Daisy Hill and Mad Max. Lots of very open forest, not a lot of under growth. Very family friendly trails.