MTB on Sth Coast NSW (Ulladulla region)

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Mogo was fantastic. Lots of good trails but mainly XC oriented (some more enduro type of trails if you knew where to look).

Woodburn is fun but very groomed, not somewhere that would keep me entertained for very long...Ulludulla similarly has some more natural rockier stuff if you know where to look (near Lake Burrill).

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did not explore the whole Kings Point area and there was the potential there but what I rode would have suited my fat bike. If I am down there again I will explore more of it and report back.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
NSW state gov tourism strategy is mostly focused on locations not already popular tourist destinations

DeBloot

Feeling old
Mogo was fantastic. Lots of good trails but mainly XC oriented (some more enduro type of trails if you knew where to look).

Woodburn is fun but very groomed, not somewhere that would keep me entertained for very long...Ulludulla similarly has some more natural rockier stuff if you know where to look (near Lake Burrill).
Looking at Woodburn online it looks so short and overly perfect that you would need approval from someone in authority to remove a twig from the trail
'if you know where to look' sounds much more promising

I imagine that this is a pipe dream - particularly now
https://www.trctourism.com/the-next...NXeiWCK_mWQ3e1Q8qwTTbjocq585-RZHXIdxD0500dIYg

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Sounds promising doesn't it
Best time to create new trails is after a fire
post fire Free riding is the holy grail
I did 6 months non stop , every chance we got after the 2003 Canberra fires, was fucking epic until the spring rains bought the blackberries back in global proportions
uncovered so many hidden features like massive granite slabs and gully runs

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member

It's been a while getting the environmental details sorted, but they are about to start digging.

Same trail crew who did Fox Creek in SA - pretty sure the 'burners there are happy with the work? @ozzybmx @Ackland @shiny @rockmoose ?

Last edited:

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Pretty ambitious project.

Definitely have some questions about the stuff out the west side of the highway/Mogo. The soil out that side is very sandy/fragile and prone to erosion (definitely some unique terrain though, interesting boulder fields etc). On top of that, motos are a big problem out there. Will need to figure out how to deal with this issue, and who will be doing maintenance over the long term.