Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

Flow-Rider

Burner
Thats fine. The mongrels are best anyway :)
Not to resell them after they go through a vetting process so that the dogs don't end up in the hands of grubs again.

I had a Corgi x Sausage dog as a kid. The only thing we spent money on was worming and feeding him, no diseases or illness of any type. He lived to reach 12 years old and passed away from a dog fight with two other dogs up the road.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon 'breeders' are like bike shop mechanics, there is a lot of them, but only a handful that are actually worth using

Having said that, I have a purebred Kelpie, not so trendy and not so many $$$$ (She's not from working lines)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Inflation is a wonderful thing!
In all seriousness, I'm concerned that these 'Covid Tax' price trends are actually the first signs of hyper-inflation caused by money printing. This might be more appropriate for the Nerfonomics thread, but we are seeing a very weird disconnect between the basket of goods that economists use to measure inflation and all of the other shit that has basically gone through the roof price-wise in the last 12 months.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I reckon 'breeders' are like bike shop mechanics, there is a lot of them, but only a handful that are actually worth using

Having said that, I have a purebred Kelpie, not so trendy and not so many $$$$ (She's not from working lines)
Yeah, you got to do your research, there are associations that won't register arsehole breeders, but they still find ways around it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
In all seriousness, I'm concerned that these 'Covid Tax' price trends are actually the first signs of hyper-inflation caused by money printing. This might be more appropriate for the Nerfonomics thread, but we are seeing a very weird disconnect between the basket of goods that economists use to measure inflation and all of the other shit that has basically gone through the roof price-wise in the last 12 months.
I wonder how much of it was caused from the Govt stimulus package, 132 billion spent on jobkeeper alone.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I don't think it's that bad, more that circa $55 billion that normally wanders overseas on holidays per annum is currently staying put burning a hole in our collective pockets coupled with delays and shortages in literally every supply chain currently in existence = prices go up.

If you want to get freaked out about something consider why Australia's housing prices are going through the roof when 12% of Australia's housing stock is currently sitting vacant and our population declined last year (for the first time in a century).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If you want to get freaked out about something consider why Australia's housing prices are going through the roof when 12% of Australia's housing stock is currently sitting vacant and our population declined last year (for the first time in a century).
Quote from above article would suggest its not going to turn around any time soon.

He said the RBA would not increase rates until wages growth, which has been less than 3% for almost seven years, was “materially higher than it is currently”.

“This will require significant gains in employment and a return to a tight labour market,” he said. “The board does not expect these conditions to be met until 2024 at the earliest.”

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I think we probably will see some kind of pressure on the wage stagnation we've had for the last millennia as the immigration tap Governments have had happily turned on full for many years now has been slowed to a drip thanks to COVID. Less workers for jobs means collective bargaining should improve and lead to wages growth.

(in theory)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not to resell them after they go through a vetting process so that the dogs don't end up in the hands of grubs again.

I had a Corgi x Sausage dog as a kid. The only thing we spent money on was worming and feeding him, no diseases or illness of any type. He lived to reach 12 years old and passed away from a dog fight with two other dogs up the road.
I like sausage dogs. we have had one move in next door and he is a very personable creature.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I think we probably will see some kind of pressure on the wage stagnation we've had for the last millennia as the immigration tap Governments have had happily turned on full for many years now has been slowed to a drip thanks to COVID. Less workers for jobs means collective bargaining should improve and lead to wages growth.

(in theory)
Australia needs to encourage investment in local manufacturing again instead of closing up shop and letting it move off shore.

Would hope the Gov would encourage this with incentives for business rather than screwing the worker on wages and rights.

At the end of the day, Aussies working, buying local and paying Tax and not claiming benefits will offset any incentives given to business.

Also make those mining chunts pay tax instead of writing off everything as a loss and raping the Aussie continent of its mineral and resources.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Australia needs to encourage investment in local manufacturing again instead of closing up shop and letting it move off shore.

Would hope the Gov would encourage this with incentives for business rather than screwing the worker on wages and rights.

At the end of the day, Aussies working, buying local and paying Tax and not claiming benefits will offset any incentives given to business.

Also make those mining chunts pay tax instead of writing off everything as a loss and raping the Aussie continent of its mineral and resources.
Agree 100% - especially manufacturing. No idea why the former Holden site hasn't been used yet, most of the tooling is still sitting there apparently.