Mtn X, Freeride Meeting 2008

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Glenbrook Panthers Bowling Club Hare Street Glenbrook 13th November (thu) 6.30pm

Meeting to discuss 2009 season, mountain X and dual slalom roughly same as last year but with out Newtons Playground.

Start Free ride, 3 Western Sydney Club events. Kurrajong, Del Rio, Pacific Park, possibly Tahmoor DH comp, may be another, with some of these events possibly leading to qualifying for Newtons Palyground (Invite only).

Please do not ask details as yet, we are still working this out.

aww shit! missed it . completly slipped my mind .sorry guys, was hoping to get to that one
did steve have his copy of the draft rules for freeride there? did you have a skwize?. i need to get that copy back so i can rewrite the next draft then i will distribute them abit wider and then rewrite again.

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
aww shit! missed it . completly slipped my mind .sorry guys, was hoping to get to that one
did steve have his copy of the draft rules for freeride there? did you have a skwize?. i need to get that copy back so i can rewrite the next draft then i will distribute them abit wider and then rewrite again.
Didn't see them.

What was discussed was a 4 round Freeride series. Each round will be something different and focus on different aspects of freeriding (Speed, style, going big, dirt jumping)

These rounds will act as a lead in to the proposed Slope Style at Next years Newtons Games at Bathurst and will give up and coming riders a chance at a wild card entry to the invitation only Newtons event.

Didn't see them.

What was discussed was a 4 round Freeride series. Each round will be something different and focus on different aspects of freeriding (Speed, style, going big, dirt jumping)

These rounds will act as a lead in to the proposed Slope Style at Next years Newtons Games at Bathurst and will give up and coming riders a chance at a wild card entry to the invitation only Newtons event.
proposed rules written are EARLY stages yet was bandied about that wsmtb would run a developement comp. at our social day rides( we do one race day one month and one soc day the next.)and with these we would develop a standard working rule book by which everyone knew and could participate within its guidelines.
on the ground that translates to basically four rounds at four differant venues that we have comming through to fruition. and now with the rather large news of newtons playground that you dropped the other week. that sounds like the shizznitt!!!

of similar note.today i met a lady who runs an event managment company that speacilizes in events where roads, public theatres,domains and the like are utilized for said events..... sounds vague, yes. but think "urban freeride challenge" and it kinda makes one tingly allover!!:D