MTNX Discipline

noballz

Likes Dirt
From the CORC website it looks like you guys have the following disciplines - XC, DH and Dirt Criterium (BTW what is this?). I was wondering if any thought has been given into adding MTNX to the list. With the new track at Stromlo and the existing one that is sometimes used at Green Grocers in Goulburn, you could easily get 8 events in a year. Maybe even have one at Thredbo. You could combine it with DH and have a big weekend of racing there.

astroboy

CORC Trails team
A CORC dirt crit is a VERY fast race held on a short course - usually no longer than a few kms. The higher grade you do, the more laps you do. Race times are less than 30min and there is no timing, just positions. Great for building your explosive power.

As for the plans to run a 4X series, Demoman is the best person to answer this.

Astro

Slave

Likes Dirt
CORC has a DH co-ordinator, XC co-ordinator.... with a huge new 4x track is there going to be a 4x co-ordinator, or maybe a race season? It's just that I haven't heard much about the future of 4x in Canberra.

ps. CORC reps, I don't think the above is a reason to slam me!! I'm just asking!!

astroboy

CORC Trails team
CORC has a DH co-ordinator, XC co-ordinator.... with a huge new 4x track is there going to be a 4x co-ordinator, or maybe a race season? It's just that I haven't heard much about the future of 4x in Canberra.

ps. CORC reps, I don't think the above is a reason to slam me!! I'm just asking!!
No slamming intended mate. In fact, you are in luck with your question. Rumour has it that some of the local BMX guys are looking at running a regular practice session and race series on the 4X track under the CORC banner. Don't know any more details than that for the moment, and obviously it will need to wait anyway until it is (re)opened.

Watch this space. I can almost guarantee that if and when things do happen then it will be posted here by Demo man in record time.

Cheers.

Astro

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Jeff Hughes has taken on the role of Four Cross co-ord.

We plan to run gate practice sessions once a month and have racing once a month also

We will use Stromlo, greengracer and even have a go on the old BMX tracks from time to time.

Most gate practice will be at Stromlo and most (60%ish) of races will be there too.

In summer we might even run them inconjunction with some of the dirt crits (short track XC) at Stromlo