Multitool weight weenies

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Back to Multitools....

Are those CB tools still available anywhere at a decent price?
I had never seen them under $90 until the PBK run out, they may be discontinued because of the ridiculous pricepoint, nobody can afford to have a $90 tool fly out of their pocket.

Thus why I invested hard at $32 each :p

ozzybmx

Just done a multitool muster, very surprisingly I still have all 4 Pica tools and my very first battle stained (rust) M17 original from 2008, I had another Gold M17 but it decided to stay on the Mt Wellington's North South Track, I went to the Giant store in Hobart the next day and bought that Topeak one to replace it :(
The problem these days is 2 blokes grab multitools and piss off riding, come home and have no idea what they have done with them. Laying in drawers in their bedroom, lost out on the trail, nobody knows...

I bought a load of small cheap ones for them but only 1 has appeared.

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@ozzybmx I've got a couple of Granite design straps that I have hardly used if you're interested? Thought they were a good idea but I ride with a baby on board for the most part so I always carry a backpack.

ozzybmx

@ozzybmx I've got a couple of Granite design straps that I have hardly used if you're interested? Thought they were a good idea but I ride with a baby on board for the most part so I always carry a backpack.
Sounds good, next question is colour, are they black and black ? Fussy people :rolleyes:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Just done a multitool muster, very surprisingly I still have all 4 Pica tools and my very first battle stained (rust) M17 original from 2008, I had another Gold M17 but it decided to stay on the Mt Wellington's North South Track, I went to the Giant store in Hobarth the next day and bought that Topeak one to replace it :(
The problem these days is 2 blokes grab multitools and piss off riding, come home and have no idea what they have done with them. Laying in drawers in their bedroom, lost out on the trail, nobody knows...

I bought a load of small cheap ones for them but only 1 has appeared.

View attachment 373477
I've also got a CB 17 multitool, had it since 2010. The only time it's been a pain to use was when I had to tighten the ispec b bolt, that was a fiddle-fart.
Sounds good, next question is colour, are they black and black ? Fussy people :rolleyes:
One black, one camo.
Edit: make them race each other, winner gets black.
Edit edit: also have one in red...

ozzybmx

I've also got a CB 17 multitool, had it since 2010. The only time it's been a pain to use was when I had to tighten the ispec b bolt, that was a fiddle-fart.

One black, one camo.
Edit: make them race each other, winner gets black.
Edit edit: also have one in red...
They are neutral enough, didn't fancy them liking the Aztec designs, I'll buy all 3 if you want ? Send PM

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Anyone had experience with one of these?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I have one too and I like it.

That said if they improve the pocket sizes a bit, this would be on my list - https://www.google.com/amp/s/off.ro...ries-misc/lezyne-sendit-caddy-review-5239?amp

The pockets are a bit small but that could be just fine if you have a simple multi tool rather than a full feature one.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
+1 for the CB M17, only crank brothers thing I own and it's been going strong for 9 years now.

I also have one of these: https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/topeak-ratchet-rocket-ratcheting-multi-tool which I picked up for free a few years back. It's pretty good and not too heavy, but I feel like it over-complicates things a little. Small fiddly parts that can be lost, more mechanical things that can break, when ultimately it's just doing the same thing. I feel like it won't have the longevity of the CB M17 just because I'll inevitably lose something out of it. I'm also not a huge fan of the metal tyre levers, I prefer just to throw a plastic one in the bag with it all.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anyone had experience with one of these?

Are you riding again?