Mum/Work/School Safe Farkin

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Due to popular demand, I have been able to give farkin an alternative face. The very name of our wonderful site seems to cause trouble for some people, so to rectify this... we have........f-f-f-fffffuture-edge! (tada!)

http://www.future-edge.net

Please tell me if it works or not. I've tested it, but computers never do what we want.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
yeah it works for me but pls dont change farkin i like it the way it is!
took a long time to load too

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
CHEWY said:
yeah it works for me but pls dont change farkin i like it the way it is!
took a long time to load too
nothing changing.. its just there as an alternative

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Whoa. Is "farkin" a vulgar/curse/profane word? I thought it was the safe alternative to the big f word, like "fudge" or "friggin" or the like...

Heck, in Canada, nobody would have even heard of "farkin" before. Well, the word anyway... the website hopefully is getting lots of exposure....

Geez, some people must be really uptight!

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It originally came to our attention when some guys over at the dknx forums were complaining how they couldnt view the site cause of the word 'farkin'. So Pana has gone and done some sort of cool shit and mirrored it on that domain, future-edge.net :) works like a treat, nice one scott!

If you know of anyone who had this problem, or experienced this yourself, problemo solved!

nathan

Likes Dirt
hey yeh good idea. It works to. For all the little kiddies out there, your playground is now less, ah, um, Farkin offensive i spose.

big dan

Likes Dirt
yep thanks for doing that guys. For those of us who work in schools etc that have struct security on internet use it makes it a lot easier to access without worrying about getting a "please explain"

Ryan

Radministrator
It blows my mind that a school/workplace could block a word that doesn't even exist in the english language, what a crazy, mixed up, overly-politically-correct world we live in.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
well, i figured... i had the domain sitting there doing nothing... it didnt take long to do... and it opens up the site just that bit more.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
plus if the school cracks onto me using this site and disables it, which they will eventually will, i cant get onto pinkbike anymore :(, ill be able to go to future-edge sweeeet

S.

ex offender
Chewy, you should be able to make an auto redirect to Farkin anyway. Make a page of your own, or just search via google/yahoo for Farkin, and click the link... that usually works. Does at my school, anyway.