Muovasi carbon frame, any good

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Yeah me and my mate are on first name terms (we build about 4 bikes between us when we were experimenting with ebikes). I had the trigger frame in sight, but the pull shock is a bit of a question mark for me. Missed a few of the nice GT hardtails as well.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
hey safreek - just a headsup: these frames are really small according to the guys at cd ....im about 6 foot and and they really didnt want to recommend selling this frame to me...its designed for an asian market according to cd so hence its quite compact and designed for shorter guys

safreek

hey safreek - just a headsup: these frames are really small according to the guys at cd ....im about 6 foot and and they really didnt want to recommend selling this frame to me...its designed for an asian market according to cd so hence its quite compact and designed for shorter guys
Damn, hope it's not too small. I recon that it's a bit rough they don't mention these kind of things in the ad.
I would of thought a 20 inches would of be sufficient . You now officially have me worried

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Damn, hope it's not too small. I recon that it's a bit rough they don't mention these kind of things in the ad.
I would of thought a 20 inches would of be sufficient . You now officially have me worried
yeh ...im sorry to be the bringer of bad news. but who knows maybe with a bit of tweaking at the stem/seatpost length & setback it could work?

when i was looking at alternatives to the astrix solo i had to return i inquired about the muovasi...as it would have worked with most of my components and a good cheap alternative frame + carbon... i thought why the fuck not?
but the guys at cyclingdeal know me as a regular & that i wanted a decent fit / suitable frame and steered me right away from it unfortunately...

my advice suss it out when it gets there / checkout the geometry specs & whether theyll work & keep youre packaging intact ...basically keep in mind that you may be asking for a refund if it doesnt work out...did you pay with paypal? (free return post if you did)

Last edited:

safreek

yeh ...im sorry to be the bringer of bad news. but who knows maybe with a bit of tweaking at the stem/seatpost length & setback it could work?

when i was looking at alternatives to the astrix solo i had to return i inquired about the muovasi...as it would have worked with most of my components and a good cheap alternative frame + carbon... i thought why the fuck not?
but the guys at cyclingdeal know me as a regular & that i wanted a decent fit / suitable frame and steered me right away from it unfortunately...

my advice suss it out when it gets there / checkout the geometry specs & whether theyll work & keep youre packaging intact ...basically keep in mind that you may be asking for a refund if it doesnt work out...did you pay with paypal? (free return post if you did)
No, not on PayPal unfortunately.
If it is too small who knows, I may be able to build it up for 3-400 bucks and sell it for the same.
Then buy a cheap dually frame off them and start again.
I hope it doesn't come to that

safreek

Well, pulled the pin on some new forks, manitou m30. Weight is apparently 1.6kg, pretty light weight as far as forks I normally buy.
This is being built up for a close friend as a Christmas present so getting the main parts new where possible is cool.
These were the options that I had to chose from, I think I picked well
Screenshot_2018-11-20-11-28-04-94.png
Screenshot_2018-11-20-11-32-22-27.png

safreek

As much as I hate crc I have no choice, brakeset(hydro) Zee shifter and chain for 99 bucks. Nowhere in Australia can even come close.
Now stand back, give me a knife and fork and I shall eat a slice of humble pie.
Let's see how long it takes the bastards this time

safreek

After reading the manual for the fork, it's totally useless, does not even tell you pressure to put in it. Guess I will have to email manitou . Life is hard eh

Flow-Rider

Burner
After reading the manual for the fork, it's totally useless, does not even tell you pressure to put in it. Guess I will have to email manitou . Life is hard eh
Manitou usually have a sticker on the back of the leg but most starting points for any shock are 20~30% sag on the full travel height.