XC Muovasi madness

safreek

Sooo, as you all know I am building a carbon mouvasi frame as a present for a close friend.
As nobody wanted to admit buying the mtb version of these I thought I would be a trailblazer.

This came from cyclingdeals at a bargain price of 179 bucks, not bad for a good looking carbon frame.

Forks are Manitou m30 with 100mm of travel, yeah they are a cheap fork but 200 bucks for s new fork seemed good compared to a second hand one.

The whole shebang is off to the bike shop tomorrow and will be put together in the next day or so.

You know you all want this to win the botm next month so hassle ducky and all the mods to make it happen, I do goooood sexual favours.
Photos to come

safreek

'Carn dude - do some of the build yourself!
All I have the tools to do, attach the pedals, attach the chainring and put the rotors on.
If it was a metal frame I would of hammered in the headset but not sure of carbon. I did also fit the tyres and tubes.
I have no idea about setting derailleurs up and to be honest I want the bike to be slick from the start, not my usual bodge jobs.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
All I have the tools to do, attach the pedals, attach the chainring and put the rotors on.
If it was a metal frame I would of hammered in the headset but not sure of carbon. I did also fit the tyres and tubes.
I have no idea about setting derailleurs up and to be honest I want the bike to be slick from the start, not my usual bodge jobs.
Where are you @safreak? If your anywhere near Canberra your welcome to borrow my workshop for the build

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You know you all want this to win the botm next month so hassle ducky and all the mods to make it happen, I do goooood sexual favours.
Photos to come
Small but significant bone of contention is that it's "Post YOUR Ride", not "Post Old Mate Down The Road's Ride" or "Post The Ride You're Building For Old Mate Down The Road". With the intent of this bike being for Someone Else, it goes against the ethos of this section of the Forum.

Otherwise, they'd better be extraordinarily gooooooood favours............

safreek

What? Building a complete bike is a right of passage. Better your mate crashed to due a blotch job than yourself haha.
I have done a couple of builds, even used stilsons for bottom bracket installation at one stage, that went well. Just don't want to ruin this

safreek

Small but significant bone of contention is that it's "Post YOUR Ride", not "Post Old Mate Down The Road's Ride" or "Post The Ride You're Building For Old Mate Down The Road". With the intent of this bike being for Someone Else, it goes against the ethos of this section of the Forum.

Otherwise, they'd better be extraordinarily gooooooood favours............
To be honest I can see myself riding this more than him although it will be his bike.
I have financed the whole thing so it just feels like its mine.
As for the favours, they are sooo good that they are baad.

safreek

Dropped the bike in at 10am and got it back by 12.30.
Took a ride around town for 20 mins or so, seems to ride fine.
It certainly is different riding a bike with about half the weight of my astrix, bit weird with the difference in geo, seemed to handle small drops, gutters and such with a feel of plushness . I had been led to believe carbon was rigid as but this seems not to be the case.
The clarks brakes feel as good as the slx rubbish I have on my bike, feel like a mug buying them.
I have made no effort to make this bike light but according to my fish scales (heh heh) it comes in at 26 lbs. Not bad considering the wheels certainly aren't lightweight.
Seems like I will need to run all the spacers on the steerer to be a bit upright for said friend. I guess these sorts of bikes you are meant to have your arse above your head when riding.
Anyway, enough of the raving, here is the pics

Screenshot_2018-12-05-14-36-47-78.png

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You now have a riding buddy.
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who browses gumtree and wonder if I pick up enough bargain bikes to make a fleet, if I could eventually have enough riding buddies to basically always have a mate to ride regardless of when and how late notice haha.

Back on topic. Nice build!

safreek

Cheers guys, I recon the whole build came in at under $800, the only second hand stuff on it is xt derailleur and slx cranks.
Much better than the bike shop spec newies and it's a 26r, not the other weird wheel sizes.
Think it may be well worth more of a rise in the bars though;)