Mutant forks Boxxer + Yari?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Anyone here into making some interesting builds?

Thinking of putting boxxer lowers on a Lyrik / Yari CSU, same diameter stanchions, seem it would / may work?

Also, do boost forks have the same width CSU / stanchion spacing, as in can you stick no boost lowers on a boost CSU - I am presuming boost is only the dropout spacing.

I figure I can miss this (sub) standard, and have a 2017/2018 fork that's no boost and a 20mm axle, win win.

Then throw a avalanche damper in + ti spring and wammo a ridiculously expensive fork.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I have no answers, but that's an awesome frankenfork idea. I'll ask a few talented guys OS I know for you.

Where were you when this idea hit?

Assuming spacing is identical, going to sell the worlds only boost double clamp forks to some poor unsuspecting fool?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Dave at RSF suspension in the UK tells me it won't work, different stanchion spacing. Sorry dude

Mywifesirrational

Different spacing for boost vs standard? Or, different spacing for the lowers?

I had Lyriks and boxxer parked in the garage for years until recently and never tried or measured it, and Sram no longer put proper schematics out :(

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Check the part numbers for boxxer crowns in the latest 2019 SRAM manuals and see if there are different crowns for boost and non-boost.

Mywifesirrational

Dave tells me the stanchions for boost are further apart
Ah ok, Good news is I have a 2017 non boost Lyrik / Yari CSU, may still be in business - makes sense as the CSU's now come in A1 or B1 varieties.

Are you planning to use retro boost or super boost v1.3?
Retro boost 20x110 was perfect - but I am not into marketing bullshit to sheeples.

15x100 made no sense, as it was not lighter, or stiffer.

15x110 makes even less sense, one step forward to steps back.

Now the new boxxer boost which is compatible with 15x110 boost is completely retarded.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ah ok, Good news is I have a 2017 non boost Lyrik / Yari CSU, may still be in business - makes sense as the CSU's now come in A1 or B1 varieties.

Retro boost 20x110 was perfect - but I am not into marketing bullshit to sheeples.

15x100 made no sense, as it was not lighter, or stiffer.

15x110 makes even less sense, one step forward to steps back.

Now the new boxxer boost which is compatible with 15x110 boost is completely retarded.
Ahhhh...mongoboost.

Z

Zaf

@pink poodle I'm on it!!!

@SummitFever 20x110 and 20x110BOOST!!!
There is such a thing, the new Formula forks use it, as to some of the SR Suntour and DVO forks. Original 20x110 kept the same hub flange spacing as 15x100 in order to make them compatible (Increase in stiffness comes from a superior brace on the axle). 20x110mm BOOST hopes to make a good standard even better, by widening the flanges into the available space. So different brake mounting position (backwards compatible with the right spacer to standard 20x110mm).

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/another-new-standard-here-comes-boost-20x110.html

Have yourself a read.

Mywifesirrational

@pink poodle I'm on it!!!

@SummitFever 20x110 and 20x110BOOST!!!
There is such a thing, the new Formula forks use it, as to some of the SR Suntour and DVO forks. Original 20x110 kept the same hub flange spacing as 15x100 in order to make them compatible (Increase in stiffness comes from a superior brace on the axle). 20x110mm BOOST hopes to make a good standard even better, by widening the flanges into the available space. So different brake mounting position (backwards compatible with the right spacer to standard 20x110mm).

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/another-new-standard-here-comes-boost-20x110.html

Have yourself a read.
So the new DH boost, will just require a 5mm (?) rotor spacer for backwards compatability and a redish?

Standards are great.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To quote pinkbike "Last year a number of RockShox's athletes raced on what was referred to internally as the 'Lyxxer' – a Boxxer that was running 29” Lyrik lowers." So in theory boost lowers should fit onto existing boxxers...