DH My 2009 Race Weapon is finished

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Here's my race rig for the 2009 Sunshine Series and whatever other DH race is going on around the traps. Might even take her down to Buller for the Nationals (not to race them, but to hit up the other trails).

Spec list:

Frame: 2008 Banshee Scythe, Medium, Gloss White
Fork: Marzocchi 888 ATA
Shock: Rock Shox Vivid 5.1 with 300lb coil (runs 33% sag)
Brakes: Avid Codes in Ltd Ed White
Cockpit: Marzoc direct mount stem, Da Bomb Big Stick Bars 710mm
Headset: Chris King Devolution 1.5 to 1 1/8, Pewter
Wheelset: Chris King hubs - Pewter, DT Spokes, F.U.N.N Descender rims
Drivetrain: SRAM X9
BB: Race Face Downhill
Crankset: Race Face XC (to keep things lighter)
Chain device: Gamut P30
Tyres: Maxxis Minions
Seat: F.U.N.N.
Pedals: NS Bikes Leg Eaters.

Am I fucking happy??? You better believe it.

Last edited:

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hell yeah man, that thing is wicked as. So sad that it'll get scratched up and bashed around while you're racing but hey, that's life.

Get some action shots from some of the races!

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Hell yeah man, that thing is wicked as. So sad that it'll get scratched up and bashed around while you're racing but hey, that's life.
Get some action shots from some of the races!
Thanks man! Yeah, that's downhill-life!

I've used this really cool clear tape and covered the whole frame in it. It's "weatherproofing" tape from the hardware. Easier to wrap curved surfaces than the 3M stuff and way way cheaper too. Stands up pretty good to the old shuttle scars.

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Yeah, that is a absolutely mad bike. White keeps it pimpin'. Dare i ask how much or not?
Put it this way man, I picked the frame up when XXIV had their specials running, and got most of the CK gear when USD/AUD exchange rate was close to 1:1. So I paid (for complete bike) a little over what you'd pay for a brand new SC V10 frame!!! ha ha ha :p

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Mate, love the bike. Is that a banshee tree in yhe background. I only ask because every scythe in Brisbane appears to be photographed in that exact spot. Bit off-topic, but is ben ok; saw the DNS in the results; hoping he hasn't hurt himself

snowy92

Likes Dirt
man that is a great looking bike, the white works really well, should be tearing up the Sunshine Series on that :p

J

JaRedy

That's nice as, nicest one I've ever seen other then the Banshee team bikes.
Every other one always seems to have a crappy spec that doesnt match how good the frame is... except for yours.

heloooooooooooo
Nice Location:p

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike but I don't think those are 2008 888 ATA's, well atleast the lowers aren't.
They're 'new' 2007s ;) Fresh out of the box. Saved some coin, as I don't think I'm good enough to discern a difference between the '07s and '08s...

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Mate, love the bike. Is that a banshee tree in yhe background. I only ask because every scythe in Brisbane appears to be photographed in that exact spot. Bit off-topic, but is ben ok; saw the DNS in the results; hoping he hasn't hurt himself
Ha ha ha - yeah man - it's a Banshee tree alright! :p

Ben hurt his calf muscle before his race run at Illinbah (and still managed 3rd!). Thought it would be ok, but it ended up being a super bad tear. He missed Geelong, but he's on the mend and is super keen and excited about the next couple of races. He's put together a pretty awesome training schedule for the next four weeks and will be giving his Scythe a pretty good work out no doubt.