My bike diary

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Turned a 5deg bevel on the bash ring this morning. Still thinking about polishing it up or not. I was going to give it a final skim to smooth it out but the machine marks look pretty cool. It took longer to clean up the dial indicator to set up the 4 jaw chuck than actually do the work.

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally, after 2 and a bit years, I have the wheels I wanted to put on the BMC roadie.

And the group shot, with the flat bar roadie out of the picture...

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What has changed your mind on the 301? What are your plans for it?
Super jealous.
I realised that it did everything I wanted really well but it was just the feel of the rear suspension that was different from the Pivots I'm used to. The more I thought about it the more I thought that I went through the same thing when I bought the Nomad and went from a Horst Link bike to VPP. I eventually got used to it and loved it. If I decide I don't like it I'll get a Pivot M5.7C instead.

I'm going to try and build it up reasonably light. I've got the forks coming and know what I want to put on it.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some of the students from one of my Y12 classes bought me a new bike. They've just finished their exams.

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well the new forks were sent back because it looked like someone had tried to lift one of the seals out while the fork was assembled and scratched the stanchion. The new, new ones arrived yesterday without any damage. So that's me = 1, them = 0.

The new bb adaptors for the Moots also arrived but they don't have the width or come with spacers for the PF30 bb to allow the chainrins to clear the chainstays. Back to the old ones. The new Enduro ones were also heavier. Me = 1, them = 1.

Moots are also sending a new fork because the steerer on the original one has an uneven wall thickness, where the inner diameter isn't concentric with the outer diameter, leaving one side at 1.2mm thick and the other at 2.5mm thick. I think that one is a tie.

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SRAM PF30 to BSA adapter arrived today. It has been fitted and feelsd much better than the Problem Solvers adapters on the Moots. Very smooth and free spinning with a DA bb now. :)

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up some more bits for the Liteville today, but nothing that is able to go onto the frame! :(

XTR shifters, chain, front derailleur and XT cassette.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up the rear tyre and bb tool.

The spec list so far is...

Frame: Liteville 301, small size, matt light blue powdercoat, DT SSD 212 rear shock.
Fork: 2011 Rock Shox Revelation WC 150mm dual air.
Wheels: .
Brakes: .
Cranks: Race Face Atlas 22/36/modified BR 170mm length.
Pedals: .
Chain: Shimano XTR.
Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36.
Rear Derailleur: .
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR E-type
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 2.25" LUST front, Kenda SB8 2.1" UST rear.
Stem:
Handlebars: .
Grips: Oury lock-ons.
Shifters: Shimano XTR.
Seat Post: Syntace P6 aluminium.
Seat: Selle Italia SLR.
Headset: Syntace SuperSpin.
Other bits: Syntace Rockguard, Syntace SCS chian tensioner.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up some more bits today and started putting it together.

Having an issue with the cranks but I've got a few ideas to get it working.

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally...

The Liteville is finally finished.

Frame: Liteville 301 matt light blue powdercoat 140mm travel
Fork: Rock Shox Revelation WC
Wheels: Shimano XTR Trail
Brakes: Shimano XT 180mm
Shifters: Shimano XTR
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR e-type
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR Trail
Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36
Cranks: Shimano XTR Trail 26/38
Chain: Shimano XTR
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Saint
Pedals: Time Alium (ATAC XS coming soon, hopefully)
Tyres: Maxxis Ardent 2.25" UST front, Kenda SB8 2.1"UST rear
Stem: Easton Haven
Handlebars: Easton Haven alloy
Grips: Troy Lee Designs (chainging to Oury soon)
Seat Post: Syntace P6
Seat: SDG To Fly
Headset: Syntace Superspin
Extras: Syntace chain guide, Syntace rear derailleur bash protector, Elite bottle cage to be fitted soon.

Last edited: