My Crazy-Sideshow-Bob rig -revisited-

SpectRe

Likes Dirt

New stuff New stuff!!! :)
More recent pic of my craptastic-mobile with some changes...

Spec:
00 Giant DH Team frameset
03 Manitou Dorado DH
03 Shimano XT DH 8" disc brakes
Aireal/321 wheelset
Sram X.9 shifter/derailleur (just put them on today 8) )
XT crankset
FSA Pig DH headset
Azonic d/wall risers
ODI Ruffian lock-on grips
Maxxis Minion Slow Reezay 2.7front/2.5rear (new Slow reezay 2.5 rear and Super tacky 2.7 front waiting to go on)
WTB something-or-other seat
DMR V12 pedals

G

get an evil srs on that and itd be pimper than fiddy cent dawg

Fuzzy said:
get an evil srs on that and itd be pimper than fiddy cent dawg
it can only take ac's :( :( :cry: , i got an atx-1, nice bike mate! how much rear travel, go the sram! i got x-7, hey would you know if dorados would fit on an 00 model atx-1? XD XD XD

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys :D

My plan was (and possibly still is. money permitting of course) to get an Evil SRS put on. I emailed the guys at E-thirteen and they said i can put one on if i either cut off the frame mount for the AC guide, or engineer some way of attaching it to that existing plate. Hehe i must have the whole 'Pimpin thought process' as well Fuzzy :)

PsychoDH, The DH Team has a bit over 8" rear travel. Dorados would fit on an older style ATX-1.. or any other 1 1/8" steerer tube equppied bike - just a matter of head angle shenanigans and confidence in the frame you're putting them on (as with any DH fork bought aftermarket)

yeah ill see if i can get some 8 inch plates welded up, heard anything about shocks blowing because of this? oh well, at least i would them no that the head angle might be suitable for dorados XD and then i woke up....

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Nice looking rig. Seems you just about have it sorted?

I can't help to think you would have been better off with a more modern frame to start with though?

Each to their own I guess :)

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
j5ive, trust me - if i could've purchased another 'more modern' frame comparable to this -new- for $1500 . . i would've :wink:

neko

Likes Dirt
Man, it looks like you've stollen the front of someone else's ride.

Maybe a new rear shock?

ruthlessgirl

token forum girl
hmmmm nope still like mine better! ;) ha ha ha... nah it looks pretty. How do you like the dorados? I found them too heavy for me, but I'm not exactly built to lift it ya know? They did however feel oh so nice...

but seriously is it rAy or rEy you have me confused now!

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
sik ray...very sik...

just need an evil or e_13 guide and you will have the pimpest partspec out there

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
sik ray...very sik...

just need an evil or e_13 guide and you will have the pimpest partspec out there

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Haha Gillian the "Ray" plate was to avoid silly questions when doing initiations etc.. and most people would simply call me that. Haha but yes my name is spelt REymund :wink: (still hoping to avoid silly questions :p )

Im loving the Dorados, they feel bottomless (although i am using all the travel - from oil/o-ring marks) I guess i dont notice the extra weigh that much as ive never had a lighter DH fork to compare to.

neko

Likes Dirt
Dorado's are feathery! I guess boxxers might be lighter but seriously, let's not even try and compare them.