My current ride, just completed..

Giant_Fridge

Likes Dirt
man are you full buff or something, got enuf weights in the background??, sweet bike btw, only if i could afford a stab.../primo....

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That bike looks like it weighs a hefty ammount... Let us know how the thing rides when you come back from thredbo. By the looks of it you could roll over a baby and not even feel it...

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Giant_Fridge said:
man are you full buff or something, got enuf weights in the background??, sweet bike btw, only if i could afford a stab.../primo....
he needs those weights, the manuverability (sp.) of the Kona is quite a challenge for its tankishness in strength tends to exceed the weight of a baby elephant. Also a buff man needs a buff bike!

looks top notch dude! 8)

BBMF

Likes Dirt
Thanks again guys, Hmmm Buff man?, I think I may change my login..Protecon, I have to agree Stratos S8's are not only butter smooth, they make most other DC's look like toothpicks in comparison..

protecon

Likes Dirt
supros88 said:
Can you buy thoes forks off the shelf & how much buy a set & where can you get them?
They retail for around USD$1000 (AUD$1350) for the Superstar 8 with 203mm of travel and 35mm stanchions.
I managed to pick mine up for less than that after stalking eBay for a couple of months (in fact there's a set of 6o7's going dirt cheap atm).
A lot of riders don't like them for obvious reasons (size, weight etc) but you'd be struggling to question it's performance.
You can read more about the '00 model I've got here (cherry coke crowns).

supros88

Likes Dirt
anyone know how they perform against Avalanche Mtn-8 and DHF-8 forks & dorados or 888s?

I know they are heaver but how do they compair in riding feel?

BBMF

Likes Dirt
The "Superstar" model Protecon has suffered with seal problems which gave them a bit if a bad reputation, Stratos came to the rescue with what they call "Supa seals" and cured the problem - Looks like Protecon has them installed as they only come in silver..
The S8's in particular have a reputation up there with Foes, Avalanche, Manitou, Marzocchi etc..
They are actually the only DC fork to achive the "Mtbr.com readers choice award" which is rated on the number of positive feedback results from individual owners..

I have ridden Manitou's, Marzocchi's etc and can honestly say nothing is plusher, like Protecon said, they are heavy which makes them Freeride / Big drop specific, if racing is more your scene go with some Boxxers, Dorado's or 888's..

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
I saw this bike in the flesh today...dam nice rig...I didnt think it was too heavy tho...illusions ;)

Cant wait to see it in action soon...

J