My experience with Canyon

Minlak

custom titis
Not having a dig at all - but this is what happens when the sales model is based on no support - it’s not just canyon bikes there are plenty of companies in many fields that have the drop and run model in place and then no where to go for support.
They can’t possible support you in any physical way as they have no locations - and what are you going to do pack. Up and send it back to be sorted ? That’s how they cut costs.
Agree with you being annoyed btw - just general discussion on these business models

moorey

call me Mia
Considering you made out like a bandit with the insurance claim, surely a small price to pay?
Also, I thought there was plenty of info discussing issues with Canyon after sales support (hope you don't need warranty at any stage)?
Also, if you can't do basic bike tuning and set up, you probably shouldn't opt for an online sales model.

Also, i'll see myself out.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
haha some shifty mod moving going on here - I just wrote this and then the thread gone... similar sentiments obviously.

Do you ever search before you post? Seems like you make a thread everytime something pops into your head

Here:

etc.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Weird, myself and close riding buddy plus numerous others got charged in AUD.

I triple checked my bank transaction and looked for any trailing currency conversion fees.

I've only had positive post sales support from them. Got my reverb full rebuilt under warranty.
Any questions and sales regarding spares has been pretty smooth and prompt too.

Edit: I recommend greasing pivot bolts as they come undergreased from factory. Purely personal preference. Plus the brake hoses will need trimming as they're pretty long.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Considering you made out like a bandit with the insurance claim, surely a small price to pay?
Also, I thought there was plenty of info discussing issues with Canyon after sales support (hope you don't need warranty at any stage)?
Also, if you can't do basic bike tuning and set up, you probably shouldn't opt for an online sales model.

Also, i'll see myself out.
True. Thus just a gripe but if I was paying out of my own pocket I'd be really pissed.
Not that I read, I only found good reviews.
Again true, but not the point. If polygon can get it right on a bike 1/2 the price then there's no excuse for Canyon

Also thanks mods for thread merge, should've searched my bad.

Weird, myself and close riding buddy plus numerous others got charged in AUD.

I triple checked my bank transaction and looked for any trailing currency conversion fees.

View attachment 365643

I've only had positive post sales support from them. Got my reverb full rebuilt under warranty.
Any questions and sales regarding spares has been pretty smooth and prompt too.

Edit: I recommend greasing pivot bolts as they come undergreased from factory. Purely personal preference. Plus the brake hoses will need trimming as they're pretty long.
Would really appreciate if you could confirm this for me. i spoke to Canyon and they said tough luck, its on our webpage and you should've read it and been aware. My issue is that the disclaimer is tucked under the payment method, in fine print, on the last page of checkout.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I'm guessing your invoice from Canyon is all in AUD too?

Looking at the thread from 2017, some guys had issues with certain bank cards so potentially myself and others unknowingly got lucky?