My fellow lycra-clad weenies - Road bike sub $1,500

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is this a want to buy post? If so, it’s in the wrong section and you haven’t used the template.

Also, if are you only looking for a new bike, then a shop might be a better idea than a forum. Pretty slim chance that someone has gone out, bought exactly the bike you want and then decided before riding it that they don’t actually want it.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear.

I am after brand/model suggestions within budget.

Usage will be road-only training rides, initially likely to be up to 40km at a time but longer rides may happen further down the track.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Do you like aggressive geometries or relaxed.

Tyre clearance?

Dare I ask disc or rim brake :p
Probably not aggressive. I went from an Argon 18 Plutonium to a Krypton and preferred the Plutonium.

No idea about tyre clearance.

I’ve never had a disc brake roadie before. Sounds good?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
oooohh ... new only !

There's got to be some banger 2nd hand options out there but no warranty coverage is the killer.

IMO if you're getting a road bike to ride on the road then get something with traditional geometry rather than something 'cx / gravelly'. Much more exciting handling on the road with proper road geo.

If you're after an allrounder then maybe something gravelish.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
oooohh ... new only !

There's got to be some banger 2nd hand options out there but no warranty coverage is the killer.

IMO if you're getting a road bike to ride on the road then get something with traditional geometry rather than something 'cx / gravelly'. Much more exciting handling on the road with proper road geo.

If you're after an allrounder then maybe something gravelish.
Giant Reign. great all rounder.

treble

Likes Dirt
+1 for the Canyon Endurace.
Ive have one for about a year. One of the cheaper AL ones, think its a 7. Spends all its time bolted to the stationaty trainer these days, but ive taken it on a few long rides.
I got mine for the same reason. It's been great, only thing it needed out of the box was a new roll of bar tape. the stuff they put on is way too thin.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Sign of age moving to road :p
What size! 56 or 58
I might have something for you ... mtbers Road bike
Do you still have my contact details? If yes give me a call