DH My first DH rig!!!! Pivot Phoenix

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I bought this a few months back for a bit over $3k. It had SRAM and RockShox which is all gone now. I'm a Shimano/Fox guy. I just finished the build today which is perfect timing for a test at GV over the weekend. I like Pivots a lot and apart from my Evil they are my favourite bikes. In my opinion they look the goods and the DW link is a pretty damn good pedalling platform. I've decided I want to do some DH racing and figured I should buy the right tool for the job. It's a 2016 Model I believe which means nothing as Pivot have only changed the colours of the bike over the last 3 years. Hope you like it.

Frame
- Pivot Phoenix 2015 Size M
Rear shock - Fox X2
Front shock/fork - Fox 40's
Handlebars - Deity
Stem - Deity
Headset - Deity
Grips - ODI
Saddle - Deity
Seatpost - Pivot
Front brake -Saints
Rear brake - Saints too
Cranks - Also Saint
Chainguide - E-thirteen
Chain - makes the bike go forward
Pedals - Are what you pedal with
Front derailleur - It's a DH bike
Rear derailleur - Saint
Front shifter - No chance
Rear shifter - Saint 10 speed
Cassette - Shimano 11-36??? I think
Front hub - Onyx Racing. Best hubs out there because they are silent and super smooth.
Rear hub - See above
Front rim - Spank Vibrocore
Rear rim - Spank Vibrocore
Spokes -
Nipples -
Tyres - Continental Der Kaiser. Jury is out. I think Maxxis are better
Tubes -
Total weight -Less than my Evil Wreckoning.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
These have long been one of my favourite dh frames. Having ridden the dw link a bit over the years I love the way it handles chunky crap on the trail. I've never have a lash on the big travel version but expect it will plough through rocks and roots like a boss.

Your build looks mint too, especially the already noted colour scheme. Orange is the new black!

When will we have some action shots?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the kind words gang. I love building bikes and making them a bit different. I rode it at GV on the weekend and had a blast.

Last edited: