my frankenstein HT

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all the bits off my DH.
decent parts on a really crappy frame.
i'll rebuild the DH as i get the cash.

and the pimpin $2 farkin sticker W00H00!!

gonna stick it in HT pride thread as well to show i got some....

Adi

It's my birthday!
Sweet dude, what forks are they?

Oh nad how do you guys make your stickers... I wanna make one. :D

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mondo thanks to creepyjo for takin the pics cause i'm to pov to have a camera.
the stickers are made from $2 at crazy clarks sticker sheets.
if you look round places like office works and stuff they do them as well sometimes. and the cool tilt lettering stylin's is is so people don't see how crap i am at putting them on straight.
forks are MX comps. air, soon to be coil cause i hate the air adjust feel.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry fuzzy, VP copies.
i got a set of wellgo ones here as well.
the only thing not frankenstein at the moment are the brand new oury lockons which i pick tommorrow. MMmmmhhhh, oury sweetness :)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Damn their price thow. I'm a big fan of Oury, but with that $ figure, i just learnt to ride with the other lock-ons

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, i know. i should have used the money for other stuff, but i do like them, so fuckit, why not.
just gonna love pot noodle for a week while i pay these off.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
did u and creepy have a nice lunch?
nice ride , frames starting to look a little out of place tho

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
woah lupine u got yourself a sick lookin bike their? the components are top end!
i didn't know u could change air to coil

G

lol pot noodles :D Da Bomb make a lock on grip for about 30 bucks

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you can change them. need to get springs and caps obviously. one lbs reckons you need to get different internals for the damping, the other says they work fine with the original cartridge, so i'm going to try and bypass the lot by seeing if i can buy a set of forks of one of the guys in town that busted his arch and got new forks instead. i just don't like the feel of the air, don't know if it is because of the ramping from air compression, oil levels, weigh or what but i can't find an air pressure that feels as good as a decent set of coils in bombers. probably just me tho.
and yeah, the frame is coming up for a change next :) maybe ryans dmr, or something similar. see whats around in a cpl of weks when i'm cashed up again.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Lupine, if you can get hold of a coil and cap from the coil model just use coil (and the right amount of oil) on the one side and leave the air on the other for adjustments. Not sure about the new mx series but is was just a simple change of parts on the z4 and z5. Gives you a oil, coil and air fork.

schwing

Likes Dirt
Nothun wrong with that bike!
The frame probably better than you think, but then I'm a hardtail fan.

I'm building a " FARKENSTEIN" (is that a first claim)
from second hand bits on a new frame.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
heh, good name. mine was originaly frankensteed.
i'm still working out what to do by way of frame. i know that the kokanee's are a pretty good frome, but they were one of the most warrentied frames out there for a while cause even tho they are a xc/cruisy frame, they look tough enough for jumps freeride. that and i'm a big fat bastard :)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i reckon keep the frame till it snaps, and by then u would have some mulla to buy a sick frame.. or you could sell the frame and buy a sick frame... or i can just stop talking shit and dance... dance dance dance dance.... look at the time its 1:31, and i've had 2 redbulls, farkin school assignments.. AHHHHHHH GRRR BIKI BIKI AGATINI!

schwing

Likes Dirt
lupine128 said:
, they look tough enough for jumps freeride. that and i'm a big fat bastard :)
Mmm , I were they the ones with square seat stays? those ones looked tough and I've seen many under a courier , I think therewas some sort of close out deal somewheres.
Fat Bastard , mee too . 182cm 94kg Austen Powers quotes anyone ?
Go with Peachy, the crazy pumped up REdBull guzzling academic. and sacrifice the frameto the gravity gods for now. If it aint broke by the time you have the muulla , keep it and build a singlespeed light weight shopping trolley Farkenstein2 " the resurgence"