My Lovely Ride - GT Hardtail

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Allright, lets get this section of the forum going:

Frame: '96 GT Pantera, ball burnished (sounds painfull :D )
Forks: '01 Psylo SL's
Shifters: '01 LX
Derailleurs: '01 LX
Cranks: '01 Deore
Brakes: '01 LX V brakes
Hubs: LX rear, Funn Disk front
Rims: Velocity Deep V rear, Original Mavic front (god knows how thats still going)
Seat: Velo DH thing
Bars: Azonic
Stem: Tioga
Headset: Aheadset
BB: Original Shimano.
Tyres: Kujo DH front, Specialized Evil Roller rear.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Well, seeing as how no-one was impressed with my GT, i thought i'd post my "other" bike :D (sorry about the blurriness, i guess i'm just too fast...)

blacky

Likes Dirt
sorry belly up,i couldn't help my self.
i work at a honda dealer,and see heaps of road bikes every day,its good to see ya riding,it is wicked fun,you been up mt glorious on the red rocket.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
nah not yet, but hopefully one day soon when i'm not riding my push bike, i'll take the VTR for a spin up there. I know it's not much, but i love it to bits. it's awesome fun.

Ty

Eats Squid
blacky your such a nice guy

*hug*

hope to be seeing you here more in the near future, also drop a msg here next time your possie are ripping up blackstone (castle hill) i'm keen to go riding with the BIGhit boys again

blacky

Likes Dirt
no worries ,see ya soon ty
we need to get up to toowoomba for a ride ,it sounds sweet up there.
do you now the trails ty.we have a shuttle ute can get 7 ppl plus bikes,if ya keen soon.

a13x

Squid
ah man that VTR 250 is badass!! why don't they import those to the states :evil: i'd love to get my girlfriend one of those, go nicely with my VT500 Ascot and VTR1000 Firestorm :twisted:

Rik

logged out
It's a Pantera, huzzah! I want one just because of the name... just like I want a Norco Speed Metal for the sticker, there's a few other bikes out there that have cool names, but I'll shut up now.

On another note, how'd the Velocity rim going, cracked the spoke holes yet?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
It's good to see an old skool Gt frame complete with old skool Velocity Deep-V rim. Love the ano blue seat clamp :)

Rik

logged out
This reminds me of my early years MTB'ing, with all my friends and I running Deep V rims on the rear because we trashed our OEM stuff. Those rims were enviable back then! Viva La OldSchool :D

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah Rik I was gonna say the same thing \m/ \m/

GO THE PANTERA ahhahahaha

Metal head in the making.......... check out mums shirt hahaha

Rik

logged out
GT should make a Pantera in cromo, that way it can be "Reinventing the Steel"... ah hah, I'm so funny :roll: