My madc0re bike

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was bored so I thought I would post a few upgrades and such...

A quick summary of the current state of my bike

New aireal chain guide, installed this arvo. Props to dave for machining out the back to fit it onto my frame.

Spokey dokes, thought it would be fun to put some on, I will be racing @ thredbo with em, so yeah. It will make for some interesting noises.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its an 02 frame, but its nearly the same as the 04 frame. The paint job is a bit worse for wear, as it was when the cove importer sold it to me, but I am hoping to send it off to grip for a respray, of either gloss white or matte black.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
its an 02 frame, but its nearly the same as the 04 frame. The paint job is a bit worse for wear, as it was when the cove importer sold it to me, but I am hoping to send it off to grip for a respray, of either gloss white or matte black.

MrPlow

TMBC
And1
after being a member for as long as you have you would think you would know this should be in "Post your ride"?

Nice bike BTW :D

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I thought of that, but like, I already posted my bike there ages ago, and I was eating ice cream at the time, thus making me incapable of using two hands.

You see my left hand is my typing hand, my right hand is my navigating hand and my ice cream eating hand. Given my right hand was in use I was unable to navigate to the post your ride forum, so you can see my reason for doing so, and it is a very vaild one at that.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I'm moving this, but you're lucky; I mean if you can't be stuffed posting it in the right forum, then why should I be stuffed moving it instead of just deleting it?

well spokies are sposed to make noise and look cool, with 26" wheel it cant get to the bottom of the rim and make a noise so it will most likely stay in the middle of the spoke all the time? im bored and theres my theory

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Psycodh said:
well spokies are sposed to make noise and look cool, with 26" wheel it cant get to the bottom of the rim and make a noise so it will most likely stay in the middle of the spoke all the time? im bored and theres my theory
I was rolling down the hill outside my house this arvo and it sounded fine, given that the spokes are interlaced there is only really half a spoke length to travel, If I were travelling at 50km/h or more perhaps it wouldnt travel quick enough to make noise, but the look more than justifies the cause.

Everyone has always joked about having spokies on their bike, so I decided I would go out and do it. Only prob is i have no idea how to get em off :/ Perhaps we should create a sticky on spokey dokes.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I got caught in a farkin big downpour and rode for like 20mins in the rain, I dried my chain up fully and removed as much moisture as i could, but it still went a bit rusted. I am gonna invest in a new one soon. I just hope they make a gold one.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know they come in Brass platedd, and stainless steel... I'd go the Stainless personaly :p

I love your Cove, I love mine too (Handjob).... Y'all go out and buy Coves' now :p I think I will ad a white G-Spot to my already huge shopping list :wink:

Jordy

RYD4LF
and1 said:
Yeah I got caught in a farkin big downpour and rode for like 20mins in the rain, I dried my chain up fully and removed as much moisture as i could, but it still went a bit rusted. I am gonna invest in a new one soon. I just hope they make a gold one.
wtf ? just put some lube onto it man... that will get the rust right off