My new 03 Sas

CHEWY

Eats Squid
sweet bike, nice reflectors too. is that stock standard cause that looks like the stem on my kona

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
nice one, like the clean colour scheme it has happening, personally tho i'd crack out the big black nikko and colour in those tyre sidewalls.

jmr

Squid
Those reflecters are aftermarket, had to import them from taiwan.

Apart from the reflectors and tyres, its all stock.

Rides well :) Though the brakes are a bit weak, think the pads r fkd.

No way am I colouring in my rice sidewalls :D

S.

ex offender
jmr said:

How old is the bike? If it's new, the brakes still need to bed in... they'll get better.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer, take if for a couple good DH runs and soon you won't even notice them :) Sweet bike dude :) Just get yourself a new set of levers and shifters (I personally don't likeh te alivio levers)

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
jmr said:

How old is the bike? If it's new, the brakes still need to bed in... they'll get better.
sometimes it takes a loooong time to bed in brakes, go ride down some long steep hills and brake lots...

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kalem said:
Socket said:
jmr said:

sometimes it takes a loooong time to bed in brakes, go ride down some long steep hills and brake lots...
Or dont brake and have alot more fun ;)

jmr

Squid
Nah, believe me, they should be bedded in by now. Spoke to Carso and he said that its probably contamination from corrosives, he said RP7, WD40 and shit like that can do it, might take a photo of my pads if anyone is willing to help me out ??

CHEWY

Eats Squid
how long have u actually ridden the bike for but, cause it took about a week when i had new pads in my hayes, in the end i just got my mate to push me along with the brakes nearly on fulll it worked a treat

jmr

Squid
would it helped if i posted a pic of my pads ? could u post a pic of yours ? im new 2 discs so if i can see what is good and what is bad, it should give me a better idea,

thx

CHEWY

Eats Squid
have u been spraying wd40 anywhere near it, cause that wrecked a mate of mines pads so his brakes are really really crappy. ive heard that putting them in the oven burns out all the oil out of them, but it ight be to late

jmr

Squid
Yeah, my brothers go fucken nuts with the WD40 and RP7. I think thats what did it...

Will get some photos now

CHEWY

Eats Squid
dude those pags looked shagged, maybe try puting them in the oven or take a oxy torch to em

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i once got a bit of wd40 on my rotors, I didn't realise till i braked... and it didn't work too well. I rubbed metho on the rotor, took the pads out and burnt em on the gas stove for a while to burn off any oily substance, they worked fine afterwards...