My new 03 Sas

jmr

Squid
Cook em ay,

Should I use my new set of pads I got ? Also, is there any chance of fucking the new pads, like should I clean the rotor or something to make sure the new pads don't get corroded as well ?

CHEWY

Eats Squid
they aint corroded theve just absorbed the oil and it wrecks the resin in the pads i think, u might as well try burnin the shit off and if that doesnt work put the new pads in

jmr

Squid
:D:D:D:D:D
Stuck my new pads in, and theyre awesome. So much power :D

Manuals are piss :)

Soo stoked, just hope these ones dont corrode.. :S

skillz

Likes Dirt
while we are still on the topic of brakes..
does anyone know how i could make pulling the lever easier? instead of having to pull all the way,

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, did two things to fix up the other sasquatch. 1, Got some isopropyl alcohole and cleaned the discs then got the tac powder, all fine and dandy now! :)

S.

ex offender
skillz said:
does anyone know how i could make pulling the lever easier? instead of having to pull all the way,
Get stronger?

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
skillz said:
adjust them? get new cables/outers... You've got hayes cables disc's yeah? They're easy as piss to setup good, just play around with 'em

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jmr said:
What do u ppl reckon is the best brake cable lube. For cable discs obviously. ?
some teflon type stuff i guess... Your best bet from the start is to get some decent cables/outers and run them full length, to avoid easy contamination.

Billy

Likes Bikes
my new Sas's brakes were bedded after my ride on Tuesday afternoon, and I bought it on Tuesday.... good brakes...

I'd say you have contamination..

tilt that seat back too!!!

jmr

Squid
I know, I to need to tilt that seat :p

I did have contamination, if you read the whole thread (personally I wouldn't its all bs) basically, little brother (great kid that he is....) went nuts with the RP7 in the garage, quite closed up, and thats what contaminated the pads.. Got some new ones, but wasn't sure if the pads were fkd or not, so I just left em be for a while, anyway, after going over the back a few times trying 2 mono (they were weak, especially when they had heaps of pressure on them, so like if I tried to wheelie, and started to go over, I'd really have to rip them on, which after a long time gets hard, and eventually hitting the bitumen is a more desireable option) I decided that the pads were really fucken pathetic. Ripped them out, and thats what you see in the pic, I think its a page back. Anyway, I already had some new pads that I had bought but not put in, so I put em in, and went for a small ride, like 1hr, not even, anyway, after that they were fkn sweet :D

Moral = RP7 BAD