My New 07 WHIP

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
This is my 2007 kona stab deluxe, very custom!

Spec:

Forks: 888rc
shock: not pictured - DHX5
Spring: Ti 350
Bars: Funn full on 710
stem: funn ripa
cranks: saint
shifter: saint
rear mec: saint
cassette: sram 12 - 23
chain guide: E-thirtenn LG1
Rims: ex721
hubs: ringle / kona
seat: SLR
Pedals: not pictured v12
chain: SRAM
Tyres: minion Front 2.5
Brakes: Hayes HFX 9
Grips: red ODI

Attachments

Ozza

Eats Squid
I rode a young kona riders a few days ago, They ride really nice and have managed to shed some weight....
But yours just looks insane, they have gone back to the 2005 paint job look.

Matt H

Eats Squid
nice spec, but i'm really hating the bent top-tube, ohh and when are kona going to update the ridiculously out-dated faux bar?

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
looks very.. umm... race! amazing for a Kona.. i remember the old Stab deelux and stab primos.. so hucker but that is damn fine. look like it'd be real stable at speed.

weight?

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
yeh i aint a massive fan of the top tube, should be rounded i rekon. the ti spring is a manitou, and the weight comes in at around 19. It could be lighter with a different rear mec and a few other little changes, but i fuk lots of them so ill try this one for now, lol.

DH_co

Likes Dirt
very nice looking bike...

How is the geo going? Has kona made the long as stabs any shorter?

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
oh yeh toby...looks like we might be having a discussion at the next race ey...you me a some fists...lol! If it is a hucker who has been hitting linkons gap??? on an orange i might add, better check for cracks ey....

yeh the geo is fukin sweet as man, it has a better head angle and bb height compared to alot of dh bikes, so many changes it aint funny! feels alot better than my old one and that felt heaps better than the one before that, check out the angles urself: http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/STABDELUXE/index.html

Last edited: