My new Bike!!

Tasha

Likes Bikes
This is my new bike that Ty and I have built up.

Thanks Jamie for the frame and everyone who i got parts from, especially Gav @ Ashgrove Cycles for the bits and pieces needed to finish off the build.

Im going for my first big ride on it tomorrow and am so looking forward to it. My first time on a dualie!

A huge thanks to Ty for everything he has done, including finding the frame, parts and actually putting it together !!!

So, I'm off to ride.... Here it is...

Frame: Giant AC2
Fork: Psylo XC
Brakes: Hayes Cable rear, Armor Hydro front
Cassette: Shimano LX
Crankset: Shimano LX
Derlr (Front) Shimano XT
Derlr (Rear) Shimano LX
Handlebar: Azonic world force riser
Headset: FSA
Pedals: Redline
Seat: Selle san marco
Shifters: Shimano LX
Stem: Bontrager
Tire (Front): Hutchinson "OTR2"
Tire (Rear): Maxxis highroller semi slick
Wheelset: Rhyno lites on XT hubs

Rik

logged out
That's a pretty cool bike for doing everything and anything, shame it's a Giant :p (sorry, I'm a bit discriminatory). You've got good spec on it, can't go wrong there, so happy trails to ya.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
wombat said:
Nice Tash, but am I the only one that can't see the rear rotor?
To top it off it looks like the right hand mech lever is leeding to the apparent hydro on the front wheel??? I am confused and way too perseptive!

Front brake on the right or left is personal preference. Either way that's an awesome bike for a 1st duallie. Happy trails :)

Ty

Eats Squid
actualy the pic is wrong, there is no rear disk or caliper in the photo only an adaptor, there is also no cables or front mech, the front brake in that pic is a hayes cable too. i though more people would of picked that up sooner.

just got the extra light psylo springs this morning and the bashguard off lupine128 so that completed the build and this arfternoons ride was really fun i wish i could of had a ride of the thing but i'm scared of blowing something up due to the extra light spring setup front and rear.
almost makes me want to build up a dullie for my self.

(on a side note, ippy is looking good for state championships boys and girls)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Tasha said:
Brakes: Hayes Cable rear, Armor Hydro front
Make sure the bolts on those Armors are kept tight at all times. If they come lose, the caliper body and/or the adaptor snap clean in two! Just had a lil kid who weighs about 50kg snap one today. That's the 2nd i've seen in such a short period. Just a warning. Maybe put some locktite or gasket goo on the bolts so they don't come lose.

Tasha

Likes Bikes
The bike is fully built up and been broken in with a ride at Ippy. Twice actuallly, Sat and Sun!
I'm so happy with it, I can finally hold onto the bars and the brakes at the same time without my head boucing all over the place.

So a new pic is in order with everything in its place.

Hope everyone else's weekend ride was as awesome as mine was!

Have a Great Week!

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Make sure the bolts on those Armors are kept tight at all times. If they come lose, the caliper body and/or the adaptor snap clean in two! Just had a lil kid who weighs about 50kg snap one today. That's the 2nd i've seen in such a short period. Just a warning. Maybe put some locktite or gasket goo on the bolts so they don't come lose.
Hmmm, interesting. I had the same thing happen to my Hayes cables, although I'm not certain if it was the bolts loosening off. Thankfully the Dirt Works guys were nice enough to warranty it for me.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
thats a sweet arse bike, really clean. did u buy that frame second hand or new?
I wish i had a girlfriend that rode with me :oops: :oops: all my x's have called me BMX bandit. BITCHES!!! hahaha jokin, LOVE LOVE LOVE

Tasha

Likes Bikes
I bought the frame and rear shock second hand, and then built up the bike with either parts from my old hardtail/first bike, built up 2nd hand forks and bought new things like disk brakes.

I must admit Ty did a bit of encouraging when i first started, otherwise i wouldnt be where i am now, actually being able to ride down a hill. lots of patience and teaching of skills before pushing me down the hill. hehe joking.

now i just love getting on the bike and away from work!!! and spending quality time with ty, of course.
New photo coming soon

Just gotta get the gf a good bike, easy tracks to ride on and lots of encouragment!!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hehe i can't wait till i work... i wish i could afford to buy her a bike, i'm only in high school so if i ended up TRYING to buy her a bike it'd be a shitty mc shit shit

G

shed prolly take it the wrong way too and find some way of turning your giving her a bike into you calling her fat