My new Bike!!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
It's a horrible thing to do, but they really appreciate it if you let them use your bike instead. Sure you have to put up with a shitter for a bit, but this gives you a reason to buy a 2nd good bike! muhuhahaha

Ty

Eats Squid
magic, pony express and dirt girls at first then i introduced tasha to rodgers 1,2,3, letter box and lantana at gap creek before heading over to the other side of the mountain and the world of shuttles with deanos and bardons stairs (gordon street).

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
man thats mad. i haven't heard of any of those trails, what kind of trails are they?
good work getting a girl in mtb ty

Tasha

Likes Bikes
My first dh (now xc) was Rodgers 1 on the back side of cootha. Ty couldn't understand why i was so afriad of riding down a 45% angle hill and riding over logs and such, to him it was 2nd nature, luckily i had built up some skills and managed not to fall off.
the 2nd outing fell to pieces though, when i got too big for my boots and rode down a fairly technical down hill bit and fell off and grazed my knee. i think i remember saying something to the effect of, i dont want to do this anymore :) haha - lucky girls dig scars ;P

the trails ty mentioned are what you would call cross country, but to a beginner they are downhill enough. they are good starting and learning tracks, as from these, i have progressed to deanos, bardons stairs, and blackstone in about a year and a half of starting to ride.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
thats kewl. i think everyone tries cross country before getting into downhill... its like Cross country --> freeride --> RACING.. have you started racing yet tash?
oh yeh, what bike did you start on?

Tasha

Likes Bikes
nope haven't started racing yet. Still getting used to the new bike, and still on a learning curve i suppose.
I think i might start in the next local club race, start off little, and maybe then get bigger.

My first bike was a 2nd hand 98 or so Shogun Trailbreaker 3. But by the time Ty and I had finished with it, the only original parts left was the frame, everything else we got out of the spares section at home, or bought new. Was a good project, as well as a cheap way of transport and fitness!

I am absolutely loving this bike though.

Duncan - I actually find this seat better than my last one which was full of padding and wide. I can now get off the back of my bike when riding down steep bits, which is always helpful, and of course, suits the colour scheme :) actually, this happened quite by chance.