My new DH bike

Billy

Likes Bikes
I finally got it together today, built the wheel this afternoon, then went straight out for a ride, big ups to Gav @ Ashgrove Cycles, thanks heaps man..

Thanks to Socket for the Forks...

Ty and Ryan, this is the bike I was building the wheel for, how's the new forks so far Ryan.?

Those cranks are off my Sas.. I am waiting to get my cranks back from a warranty.

http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=97246

Then here's a pic of me at the Ippy 4X last Sunday after the race...
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=97247

S.

ex offender
Sweet! If you ever find the bike too steep (a number of people do), chuck the shock in the 7" setting, it slacks it out nicely.

Have fun with those forks, they rock hey!

Ryan

Radministrator
Sweet looking ride Billy :)
The forks feel sweet, haven't had a chance to give them a proper ride yet, but with a Pig Big Ball headset up front and these babys (DJ 3's) my bike looks phat!
First chance I have I'm gonna tear them down and drill out the compression shafts to get rid of any spiking probs, then at long last my bike will be...finished. Nothing left to upgrade, everything how I want it, no more money to spend. It'll be a sweet feeling.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Ryan said:
Sweet looking ride Billy :)
The forks feel sweet, haven't had a chance to give them a proper ride yet, but with a Pig Big Ball headset up front and these babys (DJ 3's) my bike looks phat!
First chance I have I'm gonna tear them down and drill out the compression shafts to get rid of any spiking probs, then at long last my bike will be...finished. Nothing left to upgrade, everything how I want it, no more money to spend. It'll be a sweet feeling.
is that what people did to there JrT's to?? im probably gonna have some DJ3's soon is there a site or something that tells u where to drill?

Billy

Likes Bikes
not sure on the head angle.

The frame is brand new... just finished putting it together than rode it...

yeah, where is this site with the instructions on DJ3's cause mine are like pogo sticks...

rides really well...

Ryan

Radministrator
There's no real instruction site...my understanding of the procedure is:
Get the service manual from the marz website
Strip the forks down
Drill a 1.5mm hole through the compression shaft, 10mm above the lowest dimple. (Dimple will be obvious when you look at the shaft)
Put the forks back together

Ty

Eats Squid
whats the go with digging up old threads?

anyways, this bike is for sale now for $3700 PM me if your interested. (no splitting/swaping or anything, price firm)